I am a member and a really wonderful gym Equalizer Fitness in Yonkers NY, it has the feeling of family, it is a clean and beautiful place not to mention is a judgement free zone.
I try going three to four times per week and I normally take on of the various classes they offer.
So here are my favorites:
- Spin (cycling) for a girl who does not know how to ride a bike, I spend a lot of time in spin class
- Kickboxing ( love, love this but I'm directional challenged)
- Body Pump ( I get my weight training in with jostling with the men in the weights area)
- Piloxing (yep never heard of it before; it is a combination of boxing and Pilates (a great work out)
- Surfer Ads ( now I know why surfers has such beautiful bodies)
I rotate my favorite on a weekly basis and I would love to run/walk a 5K so I'm working on building up my cardio and running time.