Thursday, October 6, 2016

Wash Day- I'm Natural

So after transitioning for 67 weeks or a total of 469 days I finally had enough and cut off the remaining three inches of texlaxed hair.  OMG, at first I was like what the hell I just did but then I was like this is the end goal, just a few months earlier than planned. Since I did my chop I have gotten so much lovely compliments on the health of my hair.

Here is a recap of my last wash day;

Products used-

-Oil Mix
-Creme of Nature Sunflower & Coconut detangling conditioning shampoo
-Ettenio Cocolicious balancing penetrating  conditioner
-diluted Apple Cider Vinegar
-Cantu Shea Butter leave-in conditioning repair cream
-Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer
-Jamaican black castor oil


[1] Coated my hair with my oil mix and detangled using my fingers them followed-up with a wide tooth comb. Once I felt like it was properly detangled I shampooed with diluted shampoo on dry hair.  I prefer to do it this way so I can get to my scalp clean it properly.  I then hop into the shower to rinse out the shampoo.

[2] Once the shampoo was properly rinsed out I coated my hair with Ettenio Cocolicious balancing penetrating conditioner and sat under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes.  After my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water and followed-up with cool water.

[3] I then wrapped my hair in a towel to get out the excess water, after which I sprayed my entire head with diluted apple cider vinegar and detangled and put into six sections.  After which I wrapped my head in a t-shirt to dry.

[4] When my hair was about 90 percent dry I applied Cantu Shea butter conditioning repair cream to each section and left to air dry.  When it was completely dry I applied Elasta QP Olive Oil and mango butter moisturizer and sealed with Jamaican Black Castor oil before installing eight flat twist.



I have gotten really good at my flat twist so my twist outs comes out  looking really  great.  even though I like the look of my hair, I am planning to shape it up in a month or two so my styles looks polished.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete