Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wash Day -Refresh!

"I  misplaced my flash drive with all my blog post so this post is a little late"

So if you remember from my last wash day post I installed braids; I kept the braids in for four weeks before removing them.  To keep my hair moisturized during that time  weekly I oiled my scalp with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and moisturized every other day using  this method here. I must say it this is a great way to moisture and keep my hair moisturized.

After a month of not washing my hair here is how I went about getting my hair clean and prepped for a reinstall.

Prepoo- Once all the braids where removed I saturated my hair with my oil mix and detangled, after the detangling session I sprayed my entire head with diluted apple cider vinegar and further detangled.

Shampoo-  I then shampooed twice with ORS creamy aloe shampoo to ensure I get my scalp really clean and remove all the built up for my hair.

Deep Condition-  Deep conditioned with Ettenio  Moisture Fusion deep penetrating conditioner and Jamaican black castor oil for 45 minutes under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes. Once my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water to remove the conditioning mix and finished off with cool water to close the cuticles.  I then wrapped my head in a t-shirt to remove the excess water.


Leave-in and Moisturizer-   When my hair was about 80 percent dry I sprayed it with Crème of nature strengthen and shine and detangled and put it into five sections. I then applied African pride Shea Butter Buttery crème to the hair and Jamaican Black Castor oil to the scalp. I then did three two strand twist in each section and left to dry overnight. The next day I went and have cornrow braids install, I hope to keep them in for three to four weeks.



How was your #washdayexperience?


  

3 comments:

  1. The hair looks beautiful. I love the braids. It's time for me to oil my scalp too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete