Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wash Day- My First Afro

Getting my scalp back on track has been foremost in my wash day regimen in the past couple of weeks.  Since I have introduced apple cider vinegar to my wash day my hair and scalp has been on their best behavior.

Here is a recap of how this wash day went down;

Prepoo- Sprayed hair with ACV and detangled, then did a hot oil treatment with coconut, grapeseed, avocado and olive oil under conditioning cap for thirty minutes.

Shampoo- After my hair was cool I shampooed with my all-time favorite shampoo crème of nature sunflower and coconut detangling conditioning shampoo.  I did this by applying the diluted shampoo to my scalp and massage, once I have a lather I run my fingers down my hair to distribute the lathers. Then I rinse with warm water and wrapped my head in a t-shirt.

Deep Conditioned- I deep conditioned with Shea Moisture 10 n 1 Masque I sealed it with Jamaican black castor oil and sat under my dryer for 20 minutes.  I love this masque because it leaves my hair feeling so soft and fluffy.  I then rinsed with warm water and once I’ve ensured that all the conditioner was properly rinsed out I rinsed with cool water. 


Leave-In  and Moisturizer-  Before applying my leave-in I spray my scalp and hair with diluted ACV then detangled and put the hair into five sections and wrapped my hair with a t-shirt to remove the excess.  I then applied Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in conditioner to each section and left to air dry.  After allowing my hair to dry for three hours I applied Elasta QP Olive oil and mango butter moisturizer to each section, and did a two strand twist left to dry overnight.  While twisting I trimmed about two inches of relaxed ends.


Styling – I was very happy in the morning that my hair was dry, however it didn’t have enough definition so I pulled it back add a headband and a flower, then fluffy and call it day.  That evening I did about thirty two strand twist using a little shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie. I love the definition that I got.  While doing the twist I snippet off any hair that looked too stringy.



I’m enjoying playing with my hair and I hope to become better at pulling off great styles.


2 comments: