Thursday, July 28, 2016

Wash day experience- Co-wash

The last few wash days I have done minimal when it comes to styling my hair because I just don’t know what to do to it.  This process of transitioning to natural has been quite an easy journey when it comes to caring for my hair.  However, styling it is still a challenge, but I do hope that the longer it gets the better my efforts will look.

Anyway here is how this wash day went down-

Prepoo- detangled with apple cider vinegar, and then did a hot oil treatment with my oil mix, under a plastic cap and head tie for an hour.  The oil mix consists of JBCO, coconut, olive, avocado and grapeseed oil. We were having a heat wave in the northeast so I used it to my advantage, and let me tell you it was hot under that head-tie. 

Conditioner- Once my hair to cooled, I rinsed out the oil mix and co-wash with Tresemme nourishing  conditioner.  I like this conditioner, it is a great rinsed out conditioner. My hair felt great and I was planning on ending my wash day here, but decided against it because I wanted to install braids.

Deep Conditioner- Deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor oil Masque under a plastic cap and head tie for 45 minutes.  Once my hair was cool, I rinsed with lukewarm water to ensure all the conditioner gets rinsed out, and then I followed up with cool water.  I then wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water. 



Leave-in conditioner and moisturizer- I then sprayed my scalp with diluted apple cider vinegar and wrapped it again with the t-shirt to get rid of the excess.  I then sectioned my hair in four sections and apply Cantu conditioner repair cream twist and left to air dry.  When it was roughly 95 percent dry I applied Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer and sealed with JBCO.  Then put it into two flat twists and call it a night. 



Two days later I undo the twist moisturized with African Pride Shea Butter Miracle buttery crème and seal with JBCO before getting cornrows install.  I am enjoying the break from dealing with hair but I plan to maintain a good moisturizing regimen.


How was your #washdayexperience?

2 comments: