Thursday, June 9, 2016

Wash Day- Twist Out

This is my first attempt at a two strand twist out, and I’m not sure if I like the outcome or not.  How did I get here?, you may ask.  Well I’m lazy and getting my hair dried and style takes energy I don’t want to spend.  Therefore I wash, detangle, moisturize and air dry my hair. Once it is dried I’m at a total loss how to get back to that happy place, so that’s how I go here; a place of limbo.

Prepoo – Detangled with warmed coconut oil and coat hair with Cantu conditioning repair cream under a plastic cap for 15 minutes.

Shampoo- After rinsing out the prepoo mix I shampooed with Crème of Nature sunflower and coconut shampoo.  I had to lather twice because the first go around I still felt product on my hair. 

Conditioner- Once my hair felt clean I conditioned with Shea Moisture 10 N 1 conditioner.  This conditioner is so heavenly my one wish is that it was in a jar versus a pump bottle. After rinsing out the conditioner I wrapped my head in a t-shirt to remove the excess water.

Leave-in and Moisturizer-   I then sprayed each section with Crème of Nature strengthen and shine leave in and applied Kinky Curly Knot today detangeler and left to air dry. When my hair was about 70 percent dry I applied Elasta QP Moisturizer and OGX coconut milk antibreakage serum and put in a roughly 15 to 18 mini two strand twist.

Style- In the morning my hair was not completely dry so I sat the under bonnet dryer for 10 minutes. Once my hair was cool I pull the twist apart and fluff. 



I like the feel of my hair, the look not so much so but then this is still fairly new to me.  I am currently 51 weeks post relaxer and I’m truly thinking about cutting the rest of the relaxed ends off and call it a day.  Today I put the scissors down but my big chop will come sooner than I planned.

When did you big chopped? And why?


Don’t forget to check out the awesome ladies of the #washdayexperience.  

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't figured out this twist out situation so we're in the same boat chica! Maybe next time you can try a flat twist out with small perm rods at the ends. The flat twists will give you the volume that you want and the perm rods will give your ends some curl.

    Be patient and kind with yourself. You've done sooooo well with this transition!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP for encouragement; I will certainly try your suggestion.

      Delete