Thursday, June 23, 2016

Wash Day- Birthday Hair!

Everyone wants to look their best on their birthday because it’s their special day.  At first I planned on flat ironing my hair but thought better of it and decided that I would just go with something routine and mundane, which I did. The big payoff is that I got a really lovely compliment from my new boo.

So here is how this wash day went;

Prepoo- For my prepoo I did a hot oil treatment with my oil mix.  This oil mix consist of Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil and avocado oil.  After detangling with the oil I applied it from root to tip ensuring that I go all the hair, I then sat under my bonnet dryer for 15 minutes. 

Shampoo- Once my hair was cool I shampooed with Crème of Nature sunflower and coconut shampoo.  I lathered twice to ensure I remove all the excess oil.

Deep Conditioner- I deep conditioned with Neutrogena Triple moisture conditioner under a plastic cap and my head tie for 45 minutes, before rinsing with warm water followed by cool water. I like how this conditioner leaves my hair feeling, hopefully it’s not a fluke.

Leave-in Conditioner- After rinsing out the conditioner I wrapped my head in a t-shirt to get out the excess water.  I then sprayed my scalp with diluted apple cider vinegar and left to air dry for ten minutes.  After which I applied Kinky Curly Knot today and detangled and twist in to four sections, and left to air dry.  When it was about 90 percent dry I applied Cantu repair and conditioning cream to each section and re-twist and left to completely air dry.



Moisturizer- Applied Elasta QP Olive oil and Mango butter and OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum and blow dry on cool to stretch. I then two-strand twist did a flexi rod set with a little African Pride Shea buttery crème overnight.



In the morning I had really soft moisturized hair, but not much curl definition.  So I did a flat twist in the front and fluffy the back and call it a day. I was a little disappointed but my boo gave me and my hair life with his oh so sweet compliment.I was feeling fly when my boo says, “I love your hair, it’s so natural and beautiful”; I think I blushed about 20 shades. Yep, he’s a keeper. I am loving my hair even though I am relearning everything I thought I knew about it.


3 comments:

  1. Okay Michelle!! I know you looked cute on your birthday and all, and I love the hair, but the "new boo" really got my attention. I'm glad you are dating again. Thanks for sharing your wash day experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start your day positively and the rest will follow. Please do visit my site.Thank you and have a good day.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete