Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wash Day - 52 Weeks Post

Fifty-two weeks ago I did my last relaxer for the foreseeable future and while at the time I wasn’t thinking a transitioning I was starting to dredge relaxer day.  So while it hasn’t been easy, it has been rewarding. 
Anyway back to this week’s wash day;  while my hair is healthy and thriving my scalp is acting the fool so this wash day I use apple cider vinegar (ACV) in my wash day routine for the very first time. While strolling through the haircare isle in Target a pick up a few Neutrogena Triple Moisture daily deep conditioner.

Prepoo- I detangled with warm coconut oil, then coat hair with more coconut oil and put on a plastic and sat under my hair dry for 10 minutes.

Shampoo- After rinsing out the prepoo treatment I shampooed with Crème of Nature sunflower and coconut moisturizing detangling shampoo. I normally lather once but I since my scalp has been a little itchy I lathered twice.  After rinsing out the shampoo my hair and scalp felt amazing and the itchiness was gone.

Deep Conditioner-  I then deep conditioned with Neutrogena Triple Moisture daily deep conditioner  under a plastic cap and my hair dryer for ten  minutes, then allowed my hair to cool for another fifteen minutes before rinsing with warm water followed by cool water.  This conditioner sinks right into my hair and after rinsing it out my hair felt moisturized.

Freshly washed hair with no products


Leave-in conditioner- After rinsing out the conditioner I squeeze out some of the excess water and sprayed my scalp with diluted apple cider vinegar (ACV) then wrapped hair in a t-shirt to dry.  I applied Kinky curly knot today and detangled, after which I applied Cantu leave-in conditioning repair cream and twist into four sections and left to air dry.

Moisturizer- When my hair was about 80 percent dry I apply Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer and OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum then blow dry each section on warm.  Once I blew out each section I applied a small amount of African Pride Shea butter miracle moisturizer and did three twist on each section for a total of twelve twist. . In the morning I was not digging the twist out so I put the hair into two flat twist.



This was a good wash day and while I may still suck at twist outs I have seen significant growth with not only my hair but also my skill level. 


How was your #washdayexperience? What are some of the challenges you face?

6 comments:

  1. Yay for the backup style! Congrats on 1 year post! I know that it was hard but you triumphed. I'm sooo proud of you!!!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 52 weeks its a big milestone. Congratulations on you hhj. Your hair looks so soft.
    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear, it is soft as in moisturize and alo texture.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I love the hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete