Monday, June 20, 2016

Motivation- Be Brave

One of my favorite mantra is "fake it until you make it".  I often use it when I'm in a situation that is outside of my comfort zone.  It reminds me that as long as I can convince others around me that I will eventually convince myself.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston S. Churchill





To be brave does not mean you are without fear, it simple means that you have the courage to move on or act despite the fear.  There was a time in our lives were the possibilities seems endless but with age and life experiences we develop fears. Being brave is about saving the world or fighting the unfair treatment at your job, it is about facing your fears and making decisions to change.

I recently read a book and the protagonist hated her job in accounting and really wanted to be a writer however, because of peer and parental pressure she did not pursue her dream.  In the end with motivation from her new boyfriend she was able to do what she always dreamt of doing.

For me the moral of the story is; never put your dreams hold because of fear of disappointing the ones we love.  It is possible to live your dreams and also have your family proud of you.  Stop living for someone else but have the courage too live for you.

Before it is too late Be Brave, have courage, take the risk and enjoy the experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment