Saturday, May 21, 2016

Wash Day- Transition Chronicles

After last week’s disastrous styling outcome I know that this wash day I had to be amazing.  So I skipped the shampoo step of my wash day routine and went straight to deep conditioning.  I must say I love the outcome. I am currently 11 months post relaxer so every victory so late in the game is to be celebrated.

Here is how my wash day went;

Prepoo & detangle-  For the last three days I wore my hair in a banana clip so I finger detangled with warm coconut oil to ensure I get out all  the shed hair.  I then further detangled with a comb to get out the excess knots, and then covered my hair with a plastic cap for 30 minutes.

Deep Conditioner-  I deep conditioned with ORS replenishing conditioner and Jamaican black Castor oil under my bonnet dry for 15 minutes, then allowed my hair to cool for another 30 minutes before rinsing.  I first rinsed with warm water to get out the conditioning mix then flowed up with cool water to seal the cuticles.  Once all the conditioner was proper rinsed out I wrapped my hair in at-shirt to remove the excess water.

Leave-in conditioner - When my hair was about 60 percent dry I sprayed the roots with Crème of Nature detangling and shine leave in conditioner then I applied Kinky Curly Knot today detangler from root to tip and detangle.  I normally wash my hair in four sections so I repeated the process for each section, left it to air dry.

Moisturizer and styling- When it about 95 percent dry I applied Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer and QGX coconut milk serum to each section then blow dry on warm.  I was sure what I wanted to do with it so I two strand twist each section pinned it and went to bed. 



The next morning I put it up in a banana clip and I had the most beautiful afro poof ever in my life; so good that my Mom commented how much my hair has grown. Day two I did a flat twist in the back and flexi rod set the front to capitalize on the fluffiness and have a style that can last a couple days.




How was your #washdayexperience?  Did you have any triumphs?

The #WashDayExperience Badge

6 comments:

  1. Is that a top you are wearing or a dress? I love it. I'm glad your outcome was better this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my dear. It's a dress, I call it my sixties throwback. It's by Nikki from HSN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! I swear there is nothing better than a GOOD HAIR DAY!! Your hair has definitely grown and so have your styling techniques. This one is a keeper!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, nothing is ever better. Yes it has grown and it is definitely denser, so happy.

      Delete
  4. I'd definitely say this wash day was a victory for you! Amazing the volume and curls you get with twists, so simple and rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my dear, it was and I'm still dancing in my seat.

      Delete