Monday, May 30, 2016

Wash Day- 49 weeks post

I have simplified my wash day routine without even noticing, this may have happened because I was getting frustrated with the wash day routine.  However, as you may have noticed don’t do super long prepoo treatments of very long deep conditioning session any longer, which work great for me.  I’m happy to report that my hair has not suffer, moreover I think it is thriving much better. 

Anyway here is how this wash day went down;

Prepoo- Detangled with warm coconut oil, then did a hot oil treatment with my oil mix.  My oil contains coconut oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil and olive oil.  After applying the oil mix I put on a plastic cap and sat under the warm dryer for 15 minutes. 

Shampoo- My scalp has being itching over the last few weeks so I decided to do a clarifying shampoo.  I lathered my hair twice with ORS creamy aloe and rinsed with warm water. My scalp and hair felt so clean and refreshed; moreover my hair did not feel stripped, so that was a win.

Deep Conditioner- I deep conditioned with Crème of Nature Argan oil deep conditioning treatment conditioner and Jamaican Black castor Oil which I warm for a few seconds before applying to my hair.  I then put on a plastic can and sat under my dryer for 10 minutes and then allowed my hair to cool for another 30 minutes. Once my hair was cool I rinsed out the conditioning mix with warm water, after I ensure that all the conditioner was out I gave my hair a final rinse with cool water and wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to dry.

Leave-In and moisturizer-  When my hair was about 80 percent dry I sprayed it with Crème of Nature strength and shine leave in conditioner and applied Kinky Curly Knot today and detangled each of the four sections.  Once each section is properly detangled I applied Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango butter moisturizer and put in a twist to air dry.

Styling-  My natural hair takes forever and a day to dry so I normally style my hair the day after my wash day.  
So in the morning I did a two strand milkmaid-like twist and off to work I go.  



Day two I applied some African Pride Shea butter miracle moisturizer and did a flexi rod set, the look was so amazing I was on cloud nine, however, humidity did allow me to be great.



I am getting better at styling and managing my hair, with my one year anniversary a few weeks away I am totally psyched.  

The #WashDayExperience Badge

4 comments:

  1. Those braids tho?!?! I love that style on you. Gorge! I feel like the key to a long-term transition is just finding a style that you feel confident in. You've got that chica! WERK!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you my dear, I get so much compliments when I have them in, so at least once per week in Werking them.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on making it so far in your transitioning journey! I really like your flat twist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear, I am certainly working to perfect it.

      Delete