Monday, May 23, 2016

Motivation- empowering yourself

There are times when you feel powerless; this may be because you are in a job you hate or a relationship that is no longer working.  These feeling can erode our feeling of self-worth and lead us into depression.  When you are feeling like this don’t let the evil Queen “I Can’t” get in your head, because when she does then like Alice you will certainly fall through the rabbit hole.

These are the times when you call upon her better sisters “I don’t want to”, “I don’t feel like” and I don’t know how to”, they will help keep you grounded.  The saying goes that it is not the destination but the journey that holds meaning; however we somehow focus so much on the destination that we lose the power to enjoy the journey.



When I am feeling powerless these are a few of the tool I use to help me get back on track.  If I’m feeling a little edgy or restless I exercise to release the energy that isn’t working for me. If I’m feeling down I call upon friends and family to pull me up and out of that space.  Meditation works to calm me down when I am riled up.   

No matter the situation always treat yourself well, give yourself pep talks, show yourself some appreciation, remember that you are not perfect, take full responsibility for your actions and your life and most of all have a support team (your own cheering section).  They are days when we feel like we can conquer the world and others when you feel as if the world in on your shoulder, just remember you are worthy and awesome no matter the situation.


How do you stay empowered?

2 comments: