Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wash Day- Why Do I need to wash my hair?

((confession, I hate washing my hair)))

I am in love with my transitioning hair, because it is behaving better than I expected it to.  Overall my hair is healthy, the natural portion is so much thicker and wavier than I could only imagine; that may be the reason I was relaxed at ten. The texlaxed portion while texture is still relatively straight in comparison.So at nearly ten months post the difference between two textures is quite noticeable, which make for a stressful wash day.  To make matters worse once the hair gets wet I have shrunken natural hair with stringy pieces hanging off. YEP!

Anyway after mustering up the courage, here is how my wash day went;

Prepoo-  I put my hair into four sections and finger detangled with olive oil. After the hair was properly detangled I applied Cantu conditioning repair cream from root to tip before covering with a plastic cap and a head scarf for 15 minutes.

Shampoo- I then remove the scarf and plastic cap and allowed my hair to cool, before rinsing out the prepoo mixture, Then I shampooed each section  with diluted Creme of Nature coconut and sunflower detangling conditioning shampoo.  I focused on my scalp to ensure I remove any product build-up I may on on it.

Deep Conditioner-  After ensuring that the shampoo was properly rinsed out my hair I wrapped my hair into a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water.  I then applied Shea Moisture 10 n 1 masque to each section then my oil mix before cover with a plastic cap and my conditioning cap.  I conditioned for roughly 45 minutes because I was contemplating do a overnight deep conditioner, but changed my mind.

 Once my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water and followed up with cool water.  I then wrapped my head with a t-shirt to dry.  Unfortunately I fell asleep with my head still wrapped in the t-shirt.  Maybe i should have DC overnight; the one blessing is that the t-shirt stayed in place.





Leave-in and moisturizer- The next morning I sprayed my very dry and shrunken hair with Creme and Nature Strength and shine, then applied Kinky Curly Knot today detangler and followed up with OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum. Then slowly and gently detangled before blow drying on cool to stretch the roots.  Once the hair was stretch I applied Shea Moisture moisturizer and flexi rod set with eighteen flexi rods.

I must say even though was completely dry without any products it felt so moisturized.  The end results was soft, moisturized, fluffy and bouncy hair. I guess this is where technique and knowledge comes to play.

How was your #washdayexperience? 



The #WashDayExperience Badge

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad the hair was still soft after you woke up. It looks like you had great results. I was in love with my transitioning hair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, to my surprise. I had expected the transition to be much more challenging, but I guess I'm better at it than I thought.

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!! Don't you love it when you can slack off just a little and your hair still loves you! That's the beauty in keeping your moisture levels up (and having a fabulous leave in combo!)

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I couldn't believe it but I guess months of working on my technique and finding products that works for me really paid off.

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks great! It reflects light beautifully

    ReplyDelete