Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wash Day- Transitioning Confessionals

Washing my ten months and counting transitioning hair is not an easy feat, however it is necessary.   This wash day I wanted to try a little something different so I added honey to my deep conditioner.  The reason I opt for honey was a tip I got from Nerline at Chic from Hair to Toe, and I must say sister girl knows what she is talking about.  The benefits of honey are awesome, it nourishes and enriches the hair leaving shiny and lustrous. I was really happy with the results; my hair was soft and felt moisturized. 

Hot Oil Prepoo- with coconut, Olive, grapeseed and avocado oil.  I first detangled use the oil mix cold after my hair was properly detangled, I warmed the oil mix and applied it from root to tip and did a scalp massage before putting on a plastic cap and a head tie.  I let the oil mix sit on my hair for 45 minutes.

Shampoo- I lathered twice with crème of nature sunflower and coconut detangling conditioning shampoo.  I don’t normally lathered more than once, however, my scalp was in the need of a proper cleansing.

Deep Condition- My intention was to a protein type deep conditioner put I opt to Deep Condition with Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment and honey under my conditioning cap for 30 minutes.  After allowing my hair to cool I rinsed out the conditioner with warm water followed up my cool water to close the cuticles.  I then wrapped my head in a t-shirt and let it dry for 10 minutes.


Hair with conditioner

Leave-in conditioner and Moisturizer- I then sprayed my hair with Crème of Nature strength and shine leave-in followed my kinky curly knot today detangler and detangled.  While detangling I had quite a few knots at the ends so I trimmed a little as I went.  When I was finished with each section I plaited it, in all I had four plaits.  At this point I was tired so I put on my scarf and went to bed.  
Styling- In the morning I applied OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum and blow dried each section on cool then applied Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer.  I opted for my go to style of two flat twist (I’ve gotten good at it) for my hairstyle of the day. 


My many faces

Each new phase of this journey has its own challenges for me this phase is the “what in the world do I do with this?” Keeping my hair clean and moisturized is no biggie for me however styling is and may always be one. 

What are or were your transitioning challenges?

The #WashDayExperience Badge

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, girl! Your curls are popping. I love your protective style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, I love it, it is so simple yet classic.

      Delete
  2. Your curls are popping! I am transitioning to texlaxed hair and only protective styling keeps me sane because managing three different hair textures with minimal breakage has been challenging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. I find that keeping my hair super moisturized helps minimize breakage for me. Protective styles are like liferafts for when we get overwhelm, eventually it get much easier.

      Delete
  3. I love those curls! Happy transitioning.

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curls are so beautiful and I really love that simple but chic flat twist! Looks like you have your protective style down!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KLP, I keep surprising myself, I have yet to master braid outs but I'm loving my flat twist.

      Delete