Thursday, March 10, 2016

Wash day- detangling the mess

I normally wash my hair at the minimum once per week but I did not have a wash day last week.  The reason being I have a very bad sinus infection and was not feeling up to the task.  Therefore I went through the entire week with a braid and a flat twist, please don't judge me.

I swear that my hair and health must have teamed up because not only was I really sick but my hair was thoroughly matted and tangled. The matted part I was expecting, however I really did not expect it to be so tangled.  After crawling back to bed and having a nap I decided to tackle the mess that was my hair.

Here is how this wash day went done.

Detangled-  I tried to section my hair into four sections (did not really happen) before spraying it with Ettenio refresher spray.  This spray works like a dream to soften and moisturize the hair.  Once I was able to properly section it off I warmed my oil mix of coconut, avocado and grapeseed oil and coat each section with the warm oil mix.  I then coat my fingers with the oil and slowly finger comb and detangled.  I was super excited that I did not have broken strands and that the detangling session lasted about fifteen minutes.   



Prepoo-  After properly detangling I coat my strands from root to tip with Cantu leave-in conditioning repair cream and cover with a plastic cap for 30 minutes.  I did not want to use heat because I wasn't sure how it would affect my sinuses.

Shampoo- Once my hair was cool I rinsed out the prepoo mixture and shampoo with Creme of Nature Sunflower and coconut detangling and conditioning shampoo.  As usual I only lather once before rinsing and wrapping my head with a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water.

Deep Condition- I then applied a mixture of Organics Hair Mayonnaise with tea tree oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my hair and put on a plastic cap and a head tie for thirty minutes. After removing the plastic cap I allowed the hair to cool for fifteen minutes before rinsing.  I rinsed with warm water and followed up with cooler water to close the cuticle.

Leave-in and Moisturizer- Once I was finished rinsing out the conditioner I t-shirt dry my hair for ten minutes.  I then sprayed my hair with Crème of nature strengthen and shine leave in conditioner, and put into four sections.  I then applied Kinky Curly Knot today detangler to each section and detangled then left it to air dry.

When the hair was about ninety percent dry I applied OGX coconut milk antibreakage serum and blow dry each section on cool.  After blow dry the entire head I flexi rod set with eighteen flexi rods and call it a night.

I love how soft and moisturized my hair felt and looked.  However, I was very pleased that I was able to detangle such a mess without losing hair and having to cut my hair.  I love detangling with my oil mixes and is very pleased that I have perfect it to suit me.


How was your #washdayexperience? 

The #WashDayExperience Badge

6 comments:

  1. Girl...I can totally relate to the sinus/allergy struggle! Hi five for avoiding the tangle struggle! Don't you love it when your hair works for you instead of against you?! LOL

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayecperience!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I was happy because I was in no mood to fight with it.

      Delete
  2. Someone just recently suggested that Sunflower shampoo from CON to me, I need to check it out. Kudos to you for washing weekly, it never works out that way for me so I don't even fight it anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you find a happy medium. I have being using the CON shampoo for almost two years and it is great. Let me know how you like it.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you found the courage to do the hair this week. It's not easy! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear, it was out of pure necessity but was happy to get it done.

      Delete