Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wash Day - My Afro

Have you ever woke up one morning and just feeling fabulous? Well, I had one such morning recently and let me you I still felt fabulous at the end of the day.  Even though my perm rod set did not make it all the way to work, and my new boo asking me what’s up with the hair; my spirit did not take a hit.  The reason for my spirit being so high was how big, fluffy, healthy and beautiful my hair looked (yep cloudy nine, I tell yuh). 



Anyway here is how my wash day went down;

Prepoo and detangled with a coconut and avocado oil mix, and put into two sections then sat under the conditioning cap for 20 minutes to allow the oil to melt into my hair. 

Deep Condition- I allowed the hair to cool for about an hour; and during that time I decided not to shampoo my hair.  Instead I deep conditioned with Crème of Nature Intensive conditioning treatment under the conditioning cap for 45 minutes before allowing the hair to cool.  Once the hair was cool I rinsed out the conditioner with warm water and followed up with cool water when I was sure all the product was out my hair.

Leave-in and Moisturizer- After rinsing out the conditioner I wrapped my head in a t-shirt for 15 minutes to get out the excess water.  I then spray each section with Crème of Nature Strength and shine leave in conditioner and left to air dry.  When the hair was about 90 percent dry I divided each section into two and applied Kinky Curly Knot today and detangled.  Once a section was properly detangled I applied OGX coconut milk anti breakage serum and blow dry on warm, until all four sections was completed. 



Styling- I was loving the look of my blow out so I decided to do a perm rod set with 2 inch perm rods so I could have big hair in the morning.  I then applied Cantu coconut curling cream to small sections and installed roughly 12 rods.

In the morning I have nice fluffy curls with enough bounce to make a girl happy, but I guess the hair God’s must not like me. Because when I got to work after putting on my hoody because we had snow my hair was flat.  So as you can see in the picture I did a flat twist on one side to add some sass to it and went on feeling fabulous.


How was your #washdayexperience? 


The #WashDayExperience Badge

10 comments:

  1. Great post and I love your blowout! How thick is the avocado oil you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The avocado oil I used isn't very thick I has about the same consistence of grapeseed oil. I got it from a Fairway is the cooking oil section.

      Delete
  2. I think we all have days like that. The only time my twist outs last it when I add some serious gel. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear. My hair does not like gel it flake like crazy; it maybe the combination of products but even the well touted ECo styler flakes on me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear for the lovely compliment.

      Delete
  4. YAASSS! I love the way that you bounced back chica! Your hair looks soooo fluffy!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome my dear. It is so fluffy and soft and I'm loving it.

      Delete
  5. I love the flat twist. Gives your hairstyle a nice angle.

    ReplyDelete