Thursday, February 4, 2016

Wash Day- Moisture, Moisture

I dub this wash day Shea Moisture city because the two products I used from them had me on cloud nine.  Anyway, I now have more than my share of share moisture products, because my mom saw them on sale and bought me quite a few.

Here is how this wash day went down;

Prepoo-Detangle with coconut oil and prepoo with Shea Moisture JBCO Strengthen, Grow and Restore leave-in conditioner under my conditioning cap for 30 minutes. The reason I used this particular product as a prepoo was I have one too many jars of it and I didn’t want it to expire before I used them all up.  This is a wonderful leave-in and is also a wonderful prepoo, because my hair was moisturized.

Shampoo- After rinsing out the prepoo mix I shampooed with my diluted Crème of Nature sunflower and coconut detangling conditioning shampoo, as usual I lather only once. I know that most of us have moved over to co-wash but this shampoo is the BOMB.


Deep Condition-  I deep conditioned with the Shea Moisture Superfruit complex 10 in 1 renewal system conditioner mixed with avocado and grapeseed oil under the conditioning cap for 30 minutes.  I rinsed with warm water followed by cool water to close the cuticle.  After rinsing I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to dry.  I raved so much about the Masque that I’m sure I wasn’t going to be disappointed.  Well the moisture and softness of my hair blew me away. 

Leave-in and Moisturizer- When my hair was about 70 percent dry I remove the t-shirt and allowed it to air dry to 95 percent.  I then applied KCKT and detangled and divided my hair into four sections.  Applied Cantu coconut curling cream to each section and set with 18 1 ½ inch perm rods.
I had big beautiful bouncy curls that had me feeling like a beauty queen.  Unfortunately it did not last beyond the morning because this day had to be the warmest day in forever and raining cats and dogs.  The one take away was that even though I lost all my curls my hair was still your soft and moisturized. 


I don’t like using holding products but may need to start investing in some.  What are so good holding products you’ve used?

The #WashDayExperience Badge

12 comments:

  1. Hi five for UBER moisturized hair! This is the type of conditioner that makes it onto thy holy grail product list. LOL!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hi-five, I was in hog heaven with this and it certainly will become a part of my holy grail.

      Delete
  2. oh i hate it when the weather spoils our hair party!! I have never tried the shea moisture line, but i might soon have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too girl, me too. You will love their different lines. Today while browsing the curly girl isle I saw a few of their me lines.

      Delete
  3. Mother nature sure knows how to mess things up for us. You are still a beauty queen doll!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure does; thanks for the lovely compliment my dear.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if I have you beat on the Shea Moisture products. I about emptied the aisle at Walgreens during the BOGO sale. Ok I kid! LOL! But I picked up quite a bit.
    Don't you just hate when the weather spoils a bomb hair style after all your effort. One holding product I really like is Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls. Soft hair with great hold! I also use Carols Daughter Styling Creme which is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have me beat because I miss the Walgreens sale, lol. Where did you pick the Miss Jessie soft curls? I will give it a run because my hair for some reason does not like ECo styler and all the other soft hold just does not do the job.

      Delete
  5. BTW you've got me wanting to try the CON Sunflower detangling shampoo. I feel like every shampoo i try is a disappointment and I do prefer shampooing to cowashing though cowashing works better sometimes. I'll need to use up or give away a few things first. No more new products for me for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I have been donating like crazy to make room, I think you will like it, it has being my staple since I started my hair journey.

      Delete
  6. Shea Moisture and I are very hit and miss. Some products super duper love and others not at all in the functional line. I am going to see how my natural hair reacts to them now that I've cut off the relaxed ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personal only like the JBCO and 10 in 1 line so far. I'm itching to try the hibiscus line. Hopefully your natural hair likes them.

      Delete