Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wash Day- Big Fluffy Runway Curls

Wash days always begins with a little trepidation, because once my hair is wet I can't just say forget it and move on to something else.  I will have to go through the whole routine until hair is back to the place where I'm most comfortable; which is dry and styled.  At the beginning of this wash day I was in the mood for straight relaxed type curls, but halfway through the routine I gave up on the idea because I didn't want to flat iron my hair.  However, in the end I ended up with big fluffy runway curls without flat ironing it.

Here is how this wash day went down;

Prepoo- detangled with my oil mix then applied prepoo with Shea Moisture JBCO strengthen grow & restore leave-in conditioner under a plastic cap and my head tie for an hour. I then rinsed the prepoo mixture out with warm water. This is a wonderful leave-in and it makes for an even better prepoo because it left my hair feeling so soft and moisturized. 

Shampoo- After getting rid of the excess water I shampooed my hair in two sections use my diluted Crème of Nature sunflower and coconut shampoo.  I lathered and ensure that my scalp was properly cleaned then I rinsed with warm water. 

Deep Conditioned- I deep conditioned with Crème of Nature Argan oil Intensive conditioning treatment conditionr and JBCO.  After applying the conditioner mixture I put on a plastic cap and sat under my conditioning cap for 30 minutes; I then allowed my hair to cool for another 30 minutes before rinsing.  I first rinsed with warm water then follow-up with cool water to close the cuticles. 

Leave-in and moisturizer- After rinsing out the deep conditioner I wrapped my head in a t-shirt for ten minutes to dry.  Sprayed with Crème of Nature strength and shine then allowed to air dry to about 60 percent before applying Kinky curly knot today leave-in detangler and detangled and put into four sections.    When the hair was about 90 percent dry I applied OGX coconut anti-breakage serum and blow dry each section on warm.  I then divided each section into smaller sections and applied Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer and perm rod set with roughly twenty perm rods. 





For some reason I longed to have curls like those I got from a roller set, hence the reason I did not add any curl enhancer to the set.  I love the big fluffy curls I got and could keep my hand out my hair because it felt so soft and moisturized.  
How was your #washdayexperience?

The #WashDayExperience Badge

4 comments:

  1. I love the hair. I need to detangle more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! When you use JBCO to deep condition---do you just use it on your ends or on the entire strand?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darling! I use it on the entire strand but I focus more on the new growth.

      Delete