Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wash Day- Tea Time

This week’s #washdayexperience theme was “tea for two”, and it had me reminiscing of when I did a weekly tea rinse.   I have not needed to do one in a long time, but who could pass up a good tea rinse?, certainly not me. My tea rinse was a black and green tea combination which I brewed for two hours.  I figured my hair will get the maximum benefit from the combination.

Here’s how this week’s was day went;

Prepoo- Detangled and did an Egg coconut oil treatment, covered with a plastic cap for fifteen minutes.  I then rinsed my hair with cool water to ensure that I did not cook the egg and leave bits and pieces in my hair.

Shampoo-  I shampooed with Crème of Nature Sunflower and coconut conditioning and detangling shampoo which I worked it into a good lather to ensure that all the egg was out before rinsing with warm water. 

Tea Rinse- I tea rinsed with the brewed black and green tea mix, by pouring over my head several times, then allowing the excess to drip, before rinsing with warm water. I have not done a tea rinse in well over a year, because I was not experiencing much shedding but I may actually go back to a black tea rinse because it darkens my hair.

Deep Condition-  I deep conditioned with ORS Tea Tree Cholesterol under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes.  After my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water and followed up with cool water to close my cuticle.  I then wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water. 

Leave-in and Moisturizer-  When my hair was about 80 percent dry I sprayed it with Crème of Nature Strength and shine, applied Kinky Curly Knot today and OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum and detangled section by section and blow dry on cool. 

After I was finished blow drying the hair I moisturized each section with Cantu hair lotion and divide into smaller section and did a two strand twist.  Well, the twist was becoming too loose so I set each twist on a flexi rod.  I like how it looked but it I was in frizz city by the end of the day.  I attempted my first braid out and it came out better than I expected.



My curls have become my signature look and I like that each day they look a little different.  Whether they are fluffy, tightly curled or droopy I find then spectacular.



What is your signature look?  How was your #washdayexperience? 

The #WashDayExperience Badge

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks really soft and healthy. I should give tea-rinse a trial next week.

    Joie (longnigerianhair.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joie it is really soft and at close to eight months post that says something.

      Delete