Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wash Day - "no muss no fuss"

This week’s wash day experience theme is something new and while I have a quite a few new products that I picked up recently I decided to go with something revisited so I can get rid of products.  Last year I got a the Lotta body Coconut & Shea Oils Moisturize me curl and style milk one of my beauty subscription box. My texlaxed hair didn’t really like it but I wanted to give it one more try before re-gifting it. I also wanted to revisit my Loreal Total repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm. 



This wash day was so super easy that I have been calling it a “no muss no fuss” wash day; anyway here is how it went:

Prepoo and detangling -  First I detangled with my oil mix, cover with plastic cap and conditioning cap for 30 minutes. I will eventually go back to a regular prepoo but for now this is working really well. 

Deep Conditioner-  I decided to forgo a shampoo this week and just deep conditioned.  Once my hair was cool I Deep conditioned with ORS replenishing conditioner under conditioning cap for 30 minutes.  I then rinsed out the conditioner and followed up with Loreal Repair 5 Damage Erasing balm and rinsed.  After ensuring that all the conditioners were thoroughly rinsed out I T-shirt dry for 10 minutes.

Leave- In Conditioner and Moisturizer-  I then sprayed my hair with  Crème of Nature Strength and Shine leave in conditioner and detangled, then applied Kinky Curly Knot today detangler and OGX Coconut Milk Anti breakage serum  and blow dry on warm.

Styling-   After blowing out my hair I applied Lotta Body  moisturize me and did a perm rod set. The look was good but it did not last.  The curls fell flat half way into the evening, and the little stretch that I had was totally gone.  This may be due to the fact I was sweating bullets at the party I attended.
 
My Stretched hair

The moisturize me did not do it for me, but will give it another try on a flexi rod set.  In the past when I used it; it left my hair feeling sticky. However this time it did not but I still haven’t seen a shine.

How was your #washdayexperience? 

The Wash Day Experience

12 comments:

  1. I love how thick your ends are looking... Well at least you tried the lotta body styling milk, I've heard good things about it, but I guess it will depend on ones hair...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, I have being dusting my ends. I think it does depends so i'm regifting

      Delete
  2. Your hair is coming along nicely. I have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear, I too has a long way to go i'm 7 months into a 24 month stretch. You will get there just stay consistent.

      Delete
  3. Yay for one of your "something new" products working! I'm guessing that the Lotta Body is more a of moisturizer than a holding product for your hair. Hopefully you can find another way to use it!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with finding the right hold product but i'm regifting the Lotta Body, I already found a willing recipient LOL.

      Delete
  4. I hate being disappointed when trying a new product. But hopefully you got a good deal via the subscription box. Maybe using a product with more hold on to of the lotta body will help your curls last a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular subscription box was from WeAreOnyx and I really like their selections.

      Delete
  5. Have you tied other Lotta Bidy products? I got some samples at the Circle of Sisters Expo. I really like their Edge Tamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have. The edge tamer is the cats meow, it has really great hold and goes not flake.

      Delete
  6. Your hair is looking thick and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aicha it has gotten really thick since I started transitioning.

      Delete