Friday, January 29, 2016

Product Review: Kinky Curly Knot Today

Cost: $11.99 for a 6 oz. bottle (I purchased it at Target but you can purchase it in most beauty supply stores or from their website).

Claims/Blurbs: Can’t get that comb to glide through your hair? Well Knot Today! This creamy herbal conditioner is enriched with botanical extracts and is designed to smooth the cuticle and to remove knots, snarls and tangles from thick curly hair.

Ingredients: Organic mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

Pros: This product has all the classic detangling and conditioning ingredients, and as you see from the ingredients list it does not have a ton of ingredients.  It does what it says it will do and then some.  It truly detangles and gives a great slip, and is also very moisturizing. This detangler/leave in conditioner leaves the hair smooth and incredibly soft.  It has a great smell which is fruity in nature and the smell doesn't linger. 

Cons: The one complaint I find with this is that you will need to follow up with a moisture if you use it as a leave-in, because it does not give a shine. 



My Take: I have only used this as a leave-in detangler and I love it.  I am currently seven plus post relaxer and it makes the detangler process so easy that I forget that I am dealing with two textures. This is a thick product so use it accordingly.  Even though it detangles like a dream and leaves my hair feeling moisturized and soft, I wish it left it looking moisturized. I will definitely purchase this again, and again and again. I am totaling in love and this is now a part of my essential kit. 


Have you use this product? What is your take? 

2 comments: