Friday, January 8, 2016

In review Health and Fitness Goal 2015

My health and fitness goals for 2015 were pretty open ended and not too difficult to follow and maintain.  However, to maintain any one thing consistently over 365 days is challenge no matter how easy it may seem at the onset.  I was able to attain certain portions of my goal but I would not say it was a slam dunk by no stretch of the imagination.

Here is a look back at my 2015 goal and how well I achieved them.

2015 Fitness goal- I will work out minimum of five days each week, whether it be in the gym or at home. Having a small child can make attending the gym on a set schedule difficult at times.  So I will supplement my gym attendance with my DVD collection or a selection from YouTube.
Image result for meme 5k run
I did manage to work out five days a week on a consistent basis; however there were weeks that I fell off the wagon.  The one fabulous thing about it being a lifestyle is that I don’t stay off for long and is always motivated to get up and go.  My strength and overall fitness has improve ten-fold and I’m super happy it. I had a setback in my mini goal to run at least three times per week with the ongoing pain I have in my knees. 

2015 Weight Loss goal- I do not have a number in mind but I would like to get my body mass index down to 30.  I would also like to be at least a size 8 (M). When I started my weight loss journey I was a size 14-16 (XL); these days I am a size 10-12 (L). I find that fixating on a specific number on the scale leads to frustration and eventually lost of motivation.

I did not lose as much weight as I would like but because of my level and frequency of exercise my body has changed in a fantastic way.  These days I can fit in a Medium/Large (8/10) depending on the designer. I have gotten so many compliments about my weight loss and while I smile as accepted the compliments gracefully, it has thought me about perceptions.  Whenever I tell anyone how much I weight they are shock and often comment that I look smaller.  This goes to show that weight train and consistency is the key to achieving a shapely body.

2015 Health goal- Be very cognizant of what I eat especially at work. I will continue my practice of shopping and making meals in advance so I can pack my lunch.  I did slacked off on making my morning smooth so I will revive it up for 2015.

Getting and staying healthy is a constant struggle and it is more evident in how, what, how often and how much I eat.  I eat well but not often enough; I like a good burger and fries and I could have it every day of the week and not get tired of eating it.  The first part of the year I was packing my lunch and making sure to have breakfast and a healthy snack, but midyear my routine changed and it became a challenge.  I was able to get myself back on track and I’m doing much better. 


Overview-

For anyone who works in an office environment you know the struggle that comes with lunch time.  If someone is ordering from a good burger place or from a place that you just cannot pass up then you healthy nutritional balance meal is left in the refrigerator and you are placing your order; that is my devil on the shoulder. Even though I rock out in my Body Pump class or kill it in a cycling class or go for an early morning run my weight loss is not where I want it to be.  Recently I read an article that basically says that not all bodies are meant to be small, and that we should embrace that we might not have the ideal body.  I started following the blog Fat Girl Running and let me tell you she is inspirational.  I hope one day to be able to follow in her footsteps and go for fantastic runs. 

Stats to-date

Weight loss: 16 pounds down; Yeah for ME!
Inches loss: 5.5 inches off my waist I'm super excited 
BMI: down 3 points which is great. 

Here are my recaps
January/February, March,April/May, June/July,August, September/October,November
(P.S I did not do a recap of my December progress)


Did you meet your fitness and healthy goals for 2015?  What were the challenges and triumphs you had? What was the most important lesson you learned on your 2015 fitness journey?

#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand

No comments:

Post a Comment