Friday, December 18, 2015

Wash Day- I'm Six months post

Yeah!!!! I’m six months post relaxer; just can’t believe I actually was able to get here.  When I started on my quest in June it was to challenge myself but it actually gave me the boost to transition to natural.  I love this journey and the challenges it brings.  I have yet to see a define curl pattern but the natural hair is soft and manageable.

This wash day was a breeze, given the fact that I am 26 weeks post relaxer with roughly three inches of new growth.  Detangling the natural hair is a breeze but I have wicked tangled on the ends. I am due for a trim but I won’t do one until I flat iron my hair.



Anyway here is how my wash day went;

Prepoo- Detangled using warm coconut and olive oil, then saturate the hair with the mix and put on a plastic cap and my conditioning cap for 45 minutes.  I haven’t used olive oil in a while and I wanted to combat any dryness before they occur. 

Shampoo- Lathered twice with Crème of Nature Sunflower and coconut detangling and moisturizing shampoo.  I had to lather twice before of the hot oil treatment and that the hair still felt greasy after the first lather.  I then rinsed my hair with warm water before wrapping my head in a t-shirt when I was finished shampooing.


Deep Conditioning- Deep conditioned with Ettenio Cocolicious balancing penetrating conditioner and Jamaican Black Castor Oil without heat for two hours. I then hopped in the shower and rinsed out the conditioner with warm water, then wrapped my head with a t-shirt to dry. I had the t-shirt on for a good ten minutes the applied my leave-in.




Leave-in and Moisturizer- Sprayed my hair with Crème of Nature Strength and shine left to air dry. When it was about 90 percent dry I applied Kinky Curly Knot today detangler and leave-in and ORS Coconut milk serum and put into five sections.  I then blow dry each section on warm.

Styling- I did a Perm rod set with close to thirty rods and went to bed.  in the morning I had beautiful bouncy curls and my roots were stretch, it even look like I had only one texture/


I love how soft and fluffy the hair looks and feels but I’m struggling with my afternoon hair.  It has been so warm in the northeast that my hair is behaving as if it summer, the humidity is giving me a run for my money.  I am still learning or t least attempting to style the hair in a way that it last thru the end of the day.

What are he challenges you faced transitioning?

5 comments:

  1. The first six months of transitioning are always easy breezy. When it starts getting tough, protective styling helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy, I was banking that I didn't have to deal with humidity during the second six months but so far the weather forget where we are. LOL

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather just won't let me be great either girl! My curlformer set lasted approximately 6 hours before the humidity fluffed it all up! The good side: my hair felt crazy moisturized!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having crazy moisturized hair is a biggie, :)

      Delete