Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Wash Day-Clay Wash

This is the last wash day of 2015 and I was super excited that it went well. I have decided to try new techniques until I find exactly works for my transitioning hair.  This week I pulled out my Ettenio Detoxify mineral clay and did a clay wash.

Here is how my wash day went:

[1] Detangled with my oil mix before coating my hair from root to tip with my Ettenio Clay wash.  Once hair was completely coated I cover with a plastic cap for 30 minutes to ensure I get the benefits of the clay. After removing the plastic cap I rinsed with warm water.  I got a little worried because of the oil the clay did not rinse clean.



[2] I decided against shampooing and instead opted to deep conditioning.  I deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Argan oil intensive conditioning treatment, under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes. After removing the conditioning cap I allowed my hair to cool for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water and followed up with cool water, then wrapped my head with a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water.

[3] When my hair was 80 percent dry I put into five sections.  I then sprayed each section  with Creme of Nature strength and shine and applied Kinky Curly Knot today and detangled and blow dry on cool. I wanted to try something a little different so I two strand twist before putting in perm rods.

OMG I was so happy with the look, and to top it off my curls lasted through the day.  The feedback that I got was that my hair looked confused but I didn't care because I had bounced and texture.  I loved that my hair was moisturized and will certainly reorder the Ettenio Clay wash.

How was your wash day?  Did you try anything funky?

The #WashDayExperience Badge

4 comments:

  1. I used the clay a couple of times. It cleaned my scalp real nice, but after about 3 washes, my hair started to feel stripped . But your hair looks gorgeous, doll!! Happy new year 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year 2016 Nerline! Thanks for your constant support and encouragement.

      Delete
    2. Woot for the clay wash! Does yours already come packaged to use or did you have to mix it with something else?

      KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

      Delete
    3. It came package and ready to use which is totally great.

      Delete