Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Wash Day- Bantu Knots on Transitioning Hair

This new challenge or path has me feeling like when I first decided to go on a healthy hair journey.  I am spending tons of my time reading blogs and watching YouTube videos on transitioning hair, so I can gain better knowledge.  This movement is truly awesome because I found so much useful information and techniques that I will try, in order to format a regimen for this new path in my journey.

This week I decided to try out an all-in-one wash day; here is how I did it.

[1] First I detangled with my oil mix (coconut, grapeseed, avocado and jojoba oil) before spraying my roots with diluted Crème of Nature Sunflower and Coconut detangling and moisturizing shampoo.  After massaging my scalp with the shampoo, I coated my hair from root to tip with Shea Moisture 10 in 1 renewal Masque, and then I put on a plastic cap and my conditioning cap for 30 minutes. 

After removing the conditioning cap I allowed the hair to cool for 10 minutes, before hopping into the shower to rinses out all the products from my hair. After getting out the shower, I wrapped my head in a t-shirt for 10 minutes to get rid of the excess water.  OMG, my hair felt so soft and moisturized, and the best part was that it felt clean.  This may be my go to wash day routine throughout my transition.

[2] I did the happy dance because this technique did not leave hair looking and feeling horrible. Once I was finished my dancing I put my hair into five sections and applied Kinky Curly Knot today and ORS coconut milk anti-breakage serum detangled and blow dry on cool.  I’m trying not to use any heat because I don’t want my hair to become heat trained. 

[3] Elasta QP olive oil and mango butter moisturizer and Eco Styling Gel and put into Bantu Knots; I think I had about 16 or 19 knots.  I don’t remember it being so difficult to go the knots, but the right side of my head gave me a hard time, this may be due to me being left handed.  Anyway in the morning all the knots were still in place so I guess I did a good job. 

I don’t know if it was the Eco styling gel, the size of each knot or that I’m six months post but the curls were so tight and did not fall even at the end of the day.  I think it was a combination of both but I’ll am in love with the look and since curls are my go to look for this transition, I’ll be doing much more.


How was your #washdayexperience? Did you try any new technique?

The #WashDayExperience Badge

  

4 comments:

  1. Education is key. I love the curls too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute! The best part of transitioning is having new techniques to try! For me, the more curly my roots grew---the better my bantu knots looked!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I'm also having to retrain my brain to accept the new reality.

      Delete