Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Here is how my wash day went:
 Detangled with my oil mix before coating my hair from root to tip with my Ettenio Clay wash. Once hair was completely coated I cover with a plastic cap for 30 minutes to ensure I get the benefits of the clay. After removing the plastic cap I rinsed with warm water. I got a little worried because of the oil the clay did not rinse clean.
 I decided against shampooing and instead opted to deep conditioning. I deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Argan oil intensive conditioning treatment, under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes. After removing the conditioning cap I allowed my hair to cool for 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water and followed up with cool water, then wrapped my head with a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water.
 When my hair was 80 percent dry I put into five sections. I then sprayed each section with Creme of Nature strength and shine and applied Kinky Curly Knot today and detangled and blow dry on cool. I wanted to try something a little different so I two strand twist before putting in perm rods.
How was your wash day? Did you try anything funky?
Monday, December 28, 2015
Keep your expectation realistic- During the holidays we tend to have unrealistic expectations, and when those expectations fall short we beat up ourselves. Be realistic in your expectations for the holidays and you will enjoy is far more.
Do something different- We all have family and cultural traditions that dominates the holidays but these traditions can become great stressors. So instead of subjecting yourself to the same ole same, create your own traditions and do something fun or even choose to volunteer during the holidays.
Lean on your support system- This time of year can be especially difficult if you are dealing with depression or grief; don't forget your close friends and family because they are there to get you through the tough times.
Ask for Help- If you are feeling overwhelmed during this season as for help. So if you need help cooking, wrapping the gifts or putting up the lights ask for help from your love ones.
Don't worry about things you can't control- Don't spend your time worry about the things and people you cannot control. Uncle Tom will get drunk, your sister will bring her new boyfriend, cousin Mary will start singing during dinner these aren't things you can necessarily control. Just focus on your actions and reactions because those are the only things you can control.
Forget the unimportant stuff! Don't sweat the small stuff, and take time out to enjoy the holidays.
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Monday, December 21, 2015
ga('create', 'UA-64395431-1', 'auto');
Sunday, December 20, 2015
Noteworthy Post of 2015
- I’m transitioning, -thanks for all the encouragement I really from you all. I have toyed with the decision for close to a year and I figure if I announced it to the universe then I can’t allow self-doubt to take hold.
- How I wash my crochet braids- This was the most popular post in 2015; which is really awesome, because I could not predict it. When I first took my handy dandy notebook (Google) to look for how to wash my crochet braids I found one You-tube video, I was stunned. One would figure with the popularity of crochet braids there would be much more out there on how to care for it.
- How I moisturized my crochet braids (second most popular)- Like I said there are tons of videos and blog post on how to install them but caring for them got lost somehow.
- My best wash day is a toss-up between Soft and Fluffy curls and Co-wash spiral both of these wash days were so easy I felt like I was in an alternate universe.
- My favorite post is Ten hair care items to pack when travelling I love this post because it gets me into the vacation mode. I love travelling so anything to do with travel has my attention.
- My worst wash day is a toss-up between The struggle is real and Free at Last, both of this wash days put me to the test and almost had me throwing in the towel.
- My blog celebrated one year OMG When I started this blog I had no clue what I was doing. Even now as I’m writing this I am amaze that I figured it out and have maintained it. This blog is and was my saving grace in more ways than one. I have a place to be my authentic self which lends itself to me taking better care of me.
- Honorable mention- How I moisturize my box braids- I like this post because even though most of us do protective styles, there aren’t much out there on the interwebs (in my opinion) on caring for protective styles such as box braids. How I prep my hair for box braids- Prepping your hair before any long-term protective style is really important.
Friday, December 18, 2015
Deep Conditioning- Deep conditioned with Ettenio Cocolicious balancing penetrating conditioner and Jamaican Black Castor Oil without heat for two hours. I then hopped in the shower and rinsed out the conditioner with warm water, then wrapped my head with a t-shirt to dry. I had the t-shirt on for a good ten minutes the applied my leave-in.
What are he challenges you faced transitioning?
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Sunday, December 13, 2015
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
ga('create', 'UA-64395431-1', 'auto');
Monday, December 7, 2015
As the good book (Bible) says "there is a time and place for everything"; Embrace your situation.
We aren't always met with great things, and sometimes the things we are met with are so shitty it throws us for a loop. However finding the message in every situation is the key to unlocking the true meaning of our lives. We often ask, why me? but my question to you is; why not you?
Life isn't full of roses and quiet walks through the lush gardens, however that doesn't mean we should miss out on finding the meaning in the turbulent times. If you are in a bad place use it as a stepping stone to move to the next chapter in your life. If this is the good part take solace in the good things and use the knowledge you gain to help you through the not so good times.
Nothing is ever what it seems; what looks bad today could be a blessing tomorrow.
Saturday, December 5, 2015
My diet and exercise for November went down like this.......
- Had a balance breakfast each morning. Breakfast included protein, carb and fruits.
- Prepare and packed my lunch, making sure that I include protein, a carb and vegetables
- Had a snack between breakfast and lunch and a snack between lunch and dinner.
- I have a light dinner with the exception of Sunday which is our weekly family dinner.
- Loving my fitbit it keeps me motivated; on average I walked 10,000 steps per day
- I exercise five days per weeks without failure
- two days of cardio sculpt
- a day of total body weight training and Pilates
- a day dedicated to kickboxing
- an arms day because this girl needs sexy arms.
- I am working on getting back into running but my knee is not co-operating so I only ran twice this month.
- I did not lose any weight not even an ounce; my pounds of fat is now my pounds of muscles.
- I have lost inches which is good; my ultimate goal is o be small so losing inches is a great thing.
- My BMI hasn't change per my scale but I won't give up.