Friday, November 27, 2015

Wash Day- Long Overdue

I haven't had a wash day in the four weeks which is totally not me.  This was due to the fact that I had in the cornrow braids and I was so afraid that they might get frizzy so I skipped was days.  However I did not skip my moisturizing sessions, and upon removing the braids my hair was a moisturized testimony.  I did not have as much shedding hairs as I have with the box braids as I did with my previous braid style.

I've had braids in for a total of ten weeks so I have been missing my hair and moreover I am ready to embark on this transitioning journey.

Here is how my wash day went;

Prepoo and Detangle-  Detangle with my oil mix (coconut oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil).  I oiled and detangled in small sections then add Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-shampoo treatment to the section.  Once my entire head was detangled and coat with the pre-shampoo I cover with a plastic cap and a warm towel for roughly 30 minutes.

Shampoo-  After allowing my hair to cool I undo each section and detangled some more and put back into four sections.  I then hopped into the shower and shampoo each section with Creme of Nature Coconut and Sunflower detangling shampoo. I only lathered once because I didn't think I needed more than that, and as usual this shampoo cleans without leaving my hair feeling dry and stripped.



Deep Conditioner- After hopping out the shower I wrapped my head in a t-shirt to remove the excess water.  I must say my hair was soft and fluffy and I did spend sometime in the mirror checking out how much new growth I have.  Anyway, after that I applied Shea Moisture 10 in 1 renewal system Masque and Jamaican Black Castor Oil to each section then covered with a plastic cap and head tie.  Because the next day was Thanksgiving I decided to do an overnight deep conditioning session.

Leave-in and Moisturizer-  After hopping in the shower and rinsing out the conditioner from each section I wrapped my head in a t-shirt to remove the excess water.  When my hair was about 80 percent dry I applied Kinky Curly Knot today to each section and detangled.  I then applied Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter before sectioning each section into about five parts and two strand twist before setting with my 1 1/2 inch perm rods.


I must say I was so surprise that six hours later when I went to take out the perm rods my hair was not dry. So I had to take them out loosely re-twist each section and went under my bonnet dryer for 10 minutes.  I had about 20 minutes before thanksgiving dinner and there was no way I was going to sit at the table with wet hair.  I had a sort of twisted out but I was not happy. I believe I might have been too heavy handed with the leave-in.



Before going to bed I sprayed my hair with Creme of Nature Strength and Shine leave in conditioner, applied Cantu coconut curl cream and flexi rod.  As of this post I have not remove the flexi rod so with fingers cross I hope to have fabulous hair for my date on saturday.

How was your #washdayexperience?  How you tried any new products?


The #WashDayExperience Badge

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hate that your set didn't dry in time. That has happened to me. So frustrating! I'm sure it will be bomb for tomorrow though. Please share pics!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the products you used. The hair not drying is a bummer☺

    ReplyDelete