Thursday, October 8, 2015

Wash Day- Box Braids

The daunting task of washing my box braids wasn't as bad as I thought. It was actually easier than washing my hair while in crochet braids. Believe it or not the hardest part of the wash was how long it took the braids to dry.  Anyway here is how the wash day went;


{1} diluted Optimum Oil Therapy Ultimate recovery shampoo and applied to my scalp then the length of the braids.  I gentle massage my scalp until I had worked up a good lather and felt comfortable that all the built up from the past three weeks has been dislodge. I then hopped into the shower and rinsed with warm water. Once I was done I squeeze as much water out as possible before wrapping the hair with a towel.

{2}  After five minutes I removed the towel and sprayed the entire length of the braids with diluted Crecepelo conditioner and let it sit on the hair for 10 minutes before I hopped back into the shower to rinse. Once I was finished rinsing I squeezed out the excess water and wrap the hair in a towel for about15 minutes.

{3} While the hair was still damp I applied Jamaican Black Castor Oil to the scalp and let the hair air dry for about an hour. I then sprayed the entire length of the hair with my moisturizer mix ( find it here) and left it to dry completely.

The braids took much longer than I anticipated to dry; it may be due to the fact it was a very cold day.  I must say my scalp was thanking me and the insistent itch was gone.  I was a little worried that my hair would become fuzzy but that only happened to my edges and nape.  All in all it was a very easy wash day.


Have you been protective styling? How are you caring for it?


The #WashDayExperience Badge

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I've been bunning mostly, but I have been considering box braids or twists, and even crochet hair. Glad to know you were able to wash them without resulting in fruzzy braids. I never considered how long it would take for the hair to dry either. That is good to know. Thanks for sharing your wash day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been considering a protective style like box braids. Your braids look great!!!

    Thanks for sharing.

    www.adventuresofanappychica.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool wash day. I am always protective styling, girl. I love your braids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline, I think I'll protective styling all winter.

      Delete
  4. Your braids look fantastic! I think that it's awesome that you've made it a point to continue caring for your hair even though it's in a protective style. I'd be so tempted to set it and forget it!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP, this is all new to me but I'm working it.

      Delete