Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wash Day- Box Braids Removal

After six weeks of box braids I was ready to take them out.  If you have the time I would suggest you go back to the braiding salon and have them remove the braids for you.  It took me close to six hours of neck and arm straining to remove them. Well I must report that my moisturizing technique really moisturized my hair; because under normal circumstances my hair would be brittle after having in braids for six weeks.  This time around my hair was soft and pliable and those God awful fuzz balls were few and far between.



Prepoo and detangling- After removing all the braids I applied Amla oil to small sections and detangled. Once I thought the hair was completed detangled I saturate it was more Amla and put on a plastic cap and my head-tie and went to bed.

Shampoo- The next morning I detangled again before shampooing with Crème of Nature Sunflower and coconut detangling conditioning  shampoo.  I only lathered once before my hair was pretty clean compared to in the past. After rinsing out the shampoo with warm water I detangled while my hair was pretty saturate then wrapped it in a t-shirt to remove the excess water.


Deep Condition- I then deep conditioned with Shea Moisture JBCO strengthen, Grow & Restore treatment Masque under my conditioning cap for 30 minutes.  When I was applying the conditioner I ensure that all the hair was covered because I wanted to have a well-conditioned hair.  After removing the conditioning cap I allowed my hair to cool for ten minutes before rinsing with warm water and followed with cool water.  I then wrapped my head with a t-shirt to remove the excess water.
100% Air Dry

Leave-in Conditioner and Moisturizer- I then sprayed the hair with Crème of Nature Strengthen and shine leave-in conditioner and Ettenio Moisture Milk before detangling and then allowed my hair to air dry.  Once my hair was 95% dry I applied OGX anti-breakage coconut milk serum and blow dry on cool. 



I was not expecting the only process to take so long so I had to use my curling iron to get some type of style done for a brunch I was attending. Therefore I applied Ettenio seal and shine before adding a few curls with my curling iron.

I must say that even though I had quite a bit of new growth that my hair seems healthy and moisturized.  The Amla oil is a bit stinky but it gave my hair a light airy feeling and look; however I don’t think I’ll be using this particular one again. 

I am giving my hair a break for a week before installing fresh box braids, I am hoping to get to 24 weeks post which is mid December. I am current at 19 weeks post and the brass ring is in sight.

How was your #washdayexperience? 

The #WashDayExperience Badge

6 comments:

  1. You have got your hair care down while protective styling. That is something i would worry about when if I had my hair hidden or in braids. Sorry the take down took so long That's always a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea... it is really set it and forget it but I want healthy hair so I am really trying.

      Delete
  2. Long term protective styles can weaken the hair. A deep conditioning treatment is always good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline.... I find it takes awhile for my hair to bounce back to its normal state.

      Delete
  3. Hi FIVE for keeping that hair clean and moisturized chica! YOU BETTA GET IT!!!

    Are you getting the same box braids installed or changing it up a little?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI FIVE KLP.... Yes i'm getting it again; it was a great experience so.......

      Delete