Thursday, September 3, 2015

Wash Day- Bantu Knots

The saying be careful what you ask for is very appropriate for how I'm feeling about my hair.  At the beginning of this journey I wanted big healthy long hair I saw ladies like Jen from "Just Grow Already" have. However, a year and a half later I'm both happy and disappointed. I'm happy with the length and health of my hair but my old styling techniques are not working anymore. So this week tried to emulate  ladies like Nerline "Chic from hair to toe" and KLP "Saving our Strands".

Here is how this wash day went;


Prepoo- Detangled with coconut oil before applying Organics Cholesterol Tea tree oil conditioner , put on a plastic cap and left on for 15 minutes.

Shampoo- Rinsed out the prepoo mix and shampoo with my beloved Creme of Nature sunflower and coconut detangling conditioning shampoo twice before wrapping my head with a t-shirt to get out the excess water. I am so happy I was able to replace my favorite shampoo; since it is a moisturizing shampoo it always leaves my hair feeling so soft and moisturized.

Deep Conditioner- Deep conditioned with  JBCO and Crecepelo deep conditioner under a plastic cap for thirty minutes, before rinsing with warm water followed by cool water. I then wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to dry. I have been using JBCO one form or the other since January and my hair has gotten thick and fuller.  I have been using pointers from the different Castor Oil challenges out there to facilitate my year long challenge.

Leave-in conditioner and Moisturizer- When my hair was 90% dry, I sprayed it with Aphogee Provitamin leave in conditioner and leave it to air dry.  Once my hair was completely dried I sectioned it into four and apply Elasta QP Olive Oil and mango moisturizer to each section and blow dry the roots using low heat. At eleven weeks post I wanted stretched roots because with the heat wave we are currently experiencing I was in danger of having a big puff at the end of the day.

Styling- Since I wanted to try something different I decided that Bantu Knots was a safe bet. Therefore I applied Palmers Smooth N Hold pudding to each quarter and divided the quarter in two or three sections then two strand twist and before rolling the knots.  Even though I haven't done it in awhile I think I did a great job. The end results remind me of when I was a little girl and we got chiny bumps (as they are called in Jamaica).




The next morning I added Ettenio Seal and Shine to my fingers and took out the knots. I was so happy with the results I felt like shouting hallelujah. Unfortunately the curls only last two days before they look like a rats nest. To keep the loo going I put my hair in a few flexi rods and it turned out just lovely. I must say my hair still look and feel moisturized.




How was your #washdayexperience?  Did you try something new? 


The #WashDayExperience Badge

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, I was super excited with the results.

      Delete
  2. Omgosh! These curls are lush chica! Do you think that the Palmer's Holding product was worth using again?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chcia!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps but my hair does not hold curls for long, so I yes I'll use it again.

      Delete
  3. I just got through commenting on Candice's blog about how I never like any shampoo that I try and I need to just give up the search. Now I'm here looking at that Creme of Nature Sunflower and Coconut Conditioning and Detangling Shampoo you used like, "Oooo that sounds nice. I might have to try this one." lol. When I get through with the shampoo I'm using now, that's probably going to be my next purchase (if I don't get distracted by something else in the meantime).

    Great wash day post and nice Bantu Knot Out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling!
      I must say, I have been using this shampoo for the last year and a half and have yet to find one negative; let me know how you like it when you give it a try.

      Delete
  4. Nice Bantu Knot Out!! You have inspired me to visit this style again soon.

    Thanks for sharing :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, I got a really good result hopefully you get a even better result than I did.

      Delete