Sunday, August 30, 2015

Weight Loss in Review- (Jun/Jul/Aug)

I cannot believe it has been three months since I took a look at my weight loss and fitness regimen. The good news is that I stayed on point when it comes to my fitness regimen , however a always my nutrition is a day to day hurdle. Even with the struggle I am on the winning end majority of the time.


My goals at the end of May were to;


[*] Exercise five days per week
[*] Work on running a constant 12 minute mile
[*] Lose five pounds/lose an inch off my waist/lower my BMI by a point
[*] Be diligent with my nutrition


Results


I am patting myself on the back twice because I exercise on average five days during the last three months. I visited the gym at least twice and workout at home or at the park the next three days. My fitbit folex is one amazing tool; it has made me aware of my deficiencies when it comes to moving while I'm at work.

In June it was all about running then my knee started bothering me; per doctors orders I was to take a break to allow the soreness to do away. I'm still dealing with the soreness so I run made four times in the last two months.  So there goes my goal of becoming a better runner.

When it comes to losing weight my body does not cooperate at all.  I have managed to lose
 2 pounds in the last three months, which is an average of .67 pounds per month.  A lost is a lost but I want more and will continue working for more. I think my weight loss could be  combination of me falling off the nutrition wagon and weight training twice per week.

However, due to me steeping up my weight training sessions and and intensity, I have trimmed 1 1/2 inch off my waist, 1/2 inch off my arms, 1/4 off my hips and 1/4 inch off my thighs; so YEAH for me. I did not lose a full point of my BMI but I'm looking and feeling leaner. I had days where I eat foods that weren't conducive to a healthy lifestyle, but I was able to correct and redirect my path.

Thoughts


This healthy lifestyle journey has taught me that putting the work in and not beating myself up when I slack off will get me the results I need. Therefore I will continue to be diligent with my nutrition and my exercise routine, so I can achieve a healthier and sexy me.

My goals in the coming months is to continue to lose weight and trim and shape my body through exercise and proper nutrition.

What techniques are you using to achieve your fitness goals?

4 comments:

  1. Happy new week girl!! I gained a few pounds during my vacation. Now I snack more instead of eating big meals. Don't worry too much about not losing a lot this time around. Just stay focused on your goal. Much luv sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so good! I need to be better about working out. I try my best to workout at least once a week, but sometimes I miss even that one. I know to lose weight I'm really going to have to step it up. I need to take a page from your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard but once you have a goal the trick is to stay committed to it. Good Luck Girl and happy exercising.

      Delete