Sunday, August 16, 2015

Summer Vacation- Highlights




My summer vacation was nine glorious days in Jamaica enjoying my family, the sun, the beach, sightseeing, food and laughter.


 I grew up on the history of Port Royal but never had the pleasure of visiting and enjoying the history, so I was very happy to share this part of my heritage with my son. I became a history buff while trying to answer the many questions why the British built the fort and if the Spanish still wants to fight them.  If you ever have the opportunity to visit Jamaica; Port Royal is rich in history.





We spent an evening enjoying the world's third best tasting Ice cream at Devon House, this is also a must visit if you are every in the Kingston Jamaica.





 Spending time with family is essential and it gets better when you have a family reunion.  Even though planning a reunion is not an easy task the rewards are great when you see your months of hard work and planning comes to light. A better part of my vacation was spent attending our much anticipated family reunion.  I had a great time and cannot wait for 2017.


Did you visit anywhere special this summer? How was it?






3 comments:

  1. Yaasss girl! I remember when I went into Giddy House the first time, it was really fun. And Devon House ice cream is one of the best in the country. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Jamaica, and I hoped you had some jerk chicken and fried fish and festival before you left (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok yes I had it all ; my diet was out the window LOL

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. Now back to work. lol

    ReplyDelete