Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wash Day- Two Weeks Post

When I first began my healthy hair journey I could not wait for my next wash day, because I wanted to put into practice all the new techniques I learnt. These days wash days feels like just another chore; don't get me wrong I still enjoy putting into practice all that I have learn. However, it can get tiring between prepoo, shampoo, deep conditioning and moisturizing, but I would not slack off for all diamond in the world.

Here is a recap of this week's wash day:


Prepoo- Prepoo with a mixture of coconut oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil and Cantu shea butter leave in repair conditioner under a plastic cap for 20 minutes. This combination has worked wonders for me especially in the last few weeks.

Shampoo- After rinsing out the prepoo treatment I shampooed with Creme of Nature red clover and aloe shampoo.  As usual I only lather once before rinsing with warm then wrapped my head with a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water.

Deep Conditioner- Deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor oil Strengthen, Grow and Restore treatment Masque under a plastic cap for 30 minutes. After removing the plastic cap I allowed my hair to cool before rinsing with warm water followed by cool water to close the cuticles.  I love this treatment Masque and it will become a staple in my regimen.

Leave-in and Moisturizer- After rinsing out the deep conditioner I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for ten minutes. I sprayed my hair with Creme of Nature strength and shine leave-in in conditioner then applied Ettenio Mangoshea daily moisturizer and OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum.

Roller setting is and will remain my go to method for stretching and dry my hair after a wash.  This wash day I roller set with roughly 20 2 1/2 inch rollers overnight.  When I removed the rollers my hair was shiny, soft, moisturized and bouncy.



 I am loving the look, feel and health of my hair and will continue on this journey of healthy long hair.

What are some of your go to practices? 

The #WashDayExperience

7 comments:

  1. I'll put that shea moisture jbco dc on my list for when I run out. Sounds good. Your hair does look smooth and healthy. Good going


    Naija girl next door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks touchably smooth and bouncy! I wish that I could commit to rollersetting the way that you do!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I suck at styling my hair so roller setting is my only hope of having a good hair day.

      Delete