Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wash Day- Relaxer Touch up



At twelve weeks post and with my birthday looming I decided it was in the best interest of my hair to do a relaxer touch up.  While I enjoy my young male Lion look, I was not enjoying the co-wash sessions and the increased use of heat to manage my mane.

Here is how my relaxer touch up wash day went:

1-  Based my scalp and ends with Jamaican Black Castor Oil, then coat the ends with Cantu Shea Butter repair leave in conditioner.  I then added two tablespoon of olive oil to my Africa's Best relaxer in regular strength, before proceeding to applying the relaxer to my new growth.


2- After I was finished applying the relaxer I added ORS Aloe creamy shampoo to the ends and rinsed out the relaxer with warm water.  When I felt the relaxer was properly rinsed out I apply Aphogee 2 minutes reconstuctor and left on for five minutes.

3- I then rinsed out the protein treatment and shampooed three times with ORS Aloe creamy shampoo to ensure all the relaxer was properly washed out of my hair.



4-  T-shirt dry to get out the excess water, before deep conditioning with Organics Cholesterol tea tree oil conditioner and JBCO and covered with a plastic cap and top with a scarf for thirty minutes. Once my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water and finished off with cool water.


5-  I then wrapped my head in at-shirt for ten minutes before applying Aphogee Provitamin and allowed to air dry to about 90 percent, then apply Ettenio moisture reign and Ettenio Mangoshea and roller set with roughly 20 rollers and left to dry.




 I am happy to say that all my texlaxed hair seems to be the same texture.  Gone are the days when I had to wait two weeks after a relaxer to have hair movement.  I did trim a little so I eventhough my hair is fuller I did not see noticeable difference in my length. However, I have gotten the "OMG your hair is growing" so my healthy shoulder length hair is getting compliments.


Hoping you gain some great information from my #washdayexperience.  



The #WashDayExperience

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it the best when others start to notice the results of all your hard work. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the compliments put the wind in my sail

      Delete