Thursday, June 25, 2015

Wash Day- the humidity challenge

Fighting humidity and the ensuing frizz is my goal for this summer, because even though I like how big my hair gets I hate it looking unkept.  This wash day I focused on the moisture balance of my hair. One would think that at a week post relaxer I would have an issue with humidity but with mostly texlaxed hair the struggle is real.

Here is how my wash day went:

Prepoo - prepoo with Cantu shea butter leave in repair conditioner, avocado oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil mix under a plastic cap for 30 minutes.  Thanks to a 80 plus degree day I did not have the need to use my conditioning cap.

Shampoo- After rinsing out the prepoo treatment I shampooed with Creme of Nature and aloe.  As usual I only lather once before rinsing with cool water. After a week of co-washing my scalp was in need of a good shampooing, I could feel my scalp cheering from being clean.

Deep Conditioner- Deep conditioned with a mix of Organix tea tree cholesterol treatment and Jamaican Black Castor Oil under a plastic cap for 45 minutes.  It was hot so I did not feel the need to put on a conditioning cap.  Well,  let me tell you it worked like nobodies business. Once my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water followed by cool water, then wrapped my head in a t-shirt to get rid of the excess water.

After my Deep conditioner


Leave-in and moisturizer-  I sprayed my hair with Creme of Nature strength and shine leave in conditioner before applying Ettenio Mangoshea daily moisturizer and OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum.  I then roller set with roughly twenty 2 and 2 1/2 inch rollers and allowed to dry overnight.



In the morning after I remove the rollers I applied Ettenio seal and shine and style.  I left my house with beautiful touchable bouncy hair and came home with poofy hair with a little frizz.  I must say that even though the look change the moisture level remains the same.

My plan for the week is to co-wash ever two days to both maintain the moisture balance and also to contain the frizz.

The #WashDayExperience


How was your #washdayexperience?  

2 comments:

  1. Girl...the humidity just won't let me be great! The first couple of hours are okay---but by the end of the day my hair has quadrupled in size! I've been just sticking to puffs and braided/twisted updos.

    Do you think that the OGX Serum helped keep your frizz to a minimum?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your stylings but there is no hope for me. Yes it does help to keep the frizz at a minimum but the best part is that my hair maintain a shine therefore not looking dry, even when it is puffy.

      Delete