Thursday, June 11, 2015

Wash Day- Co-Wash spiral

I've always loved my hair, even when I thought it cannot grow.  These days my hair and I have a serious love affair I may even ask it to marry me  (LOL).  Anyway, at eleven weeks post with mostly texlaxed hiar humidity has both been my enemy and my friend.  To combat the drying effects of this humid weather I have being co-washing my hair every two to three days.

My flexi-rods and perm rods are constant companions in this soap opera. I love how my root puff up at the end of the day and how the curls droop.  A few days I have blown out the roots and roller set just to look like  young male lion t the end of the day.







Here is a recap of how I have being co-washing my hair.

Prepoo-  Prepoo with warm coconut, avocado oil mix under my conditioning cap for fifteen to thirty minutes.  Once the hair is cool I rinse with warm warm.



 Co-wash -Co-wash with just as I am coconut co-wash; I like this co-wash because it always leaves my hair feeling silky.  After ensuring that all my hair has been properly coated I rinsed with warm water to remove all the product.

Deep Condition-  Deep conditioned with ORS replenishing conditioner and JBCO mix under my conditioning cap for fifteen to thirty minutes.  I then allow my hair to cool before rinsing thoroughly with warm water followed by cool water, to close the cuticles. After all the conditioner is properly rinsed out I t-shirt dry until my hair is about 80 percent dry.

Leave-in and moisturizer-  I then apply Shea Moisture JBCO strengthen, grow and restore leave in conditioner and Cantu  shea butter coconut curling pudding before either setting with flexi rods or perm rods.




This cycle has really help me to maintain a really good moisture level.  What are some of the techniques you are using to maintain moisture during the warmer months?


The #WashDayExperience

2 comments:

  1. I also co wash a lot during the hot weather. Using moisturizing products throughout the period is also a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cowashing is the BUSINESS during the summer. I just have to try not to be lazy and always remember to still moisturize and seal afterwards!

    My relaxed/texlaxed hair hated the As I Am co-wash. I'm wondering if I should give it another try...

    Anywhos! Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete