Friday, June 12, 2015

Hatha Yoga

What is Hatha Yoga? 

Hatha yoga is what we commonly called Yoga.  Hatha Yoga is believed to be developed in the 15th century India.  This form of yoga is as refer to as the Yoga of postures.  Hatha yoga is the branch of Yoga that unites the opposite pair of positive and negative.

Hatha Yoga uses various body positions to improve health and remove diseases in the physical, spiritual and mental body.  This form of yoga was meant for meditation and relaxation because of the length of time each position is held.  Control breathing is a very important facture of Hatha Yoga, which is meant to release the body's energy.  The regular practice of Hatha Yoga can aid in increases flexibility, bone strength, and even the development of concentration.

Why am I Practicing Hatha Yoga?

I was challenged my a friend at the gym to give Hatha Yoga a try after I mock that all they are going is taking a nap. Well, let me tell you, they are not.  It is really harder to look and feel relaxed when you are holding your body in an unnatural position. Even though I am a avid practitioner of pilates I am not flexible by no stretch of the imagination.

Hatha Yoga is suppose to challenge and sharpen your mental and physical potential, however I am finding that I either does not have any potential or just too little for it to emerge. Like really why do I want to be a tree, a mountain or a warrior?  I have done a few yoga moves in the past to recover after a workout but never anything like this.

I am not a quitter so my summer challenge is to continue with the practice so I can gain flexibility and strength. For me getting and staying healthy is trying new things and challenging oneself.  Yoga followers I am sorry for all the bad mouthing I have done in the past.


Sourced
Benefits of Hatha Yoga

  • Enhanced balance and stamina
  • Improve joints and muscle flexibility
  • Increased awareness and stress reliever
  • relaxation of the mind, body and spirit 
  • Weight loss










The benefits are great benefits but in my case I have to attend a few sessions before I am able to enjoy the benefits.

What is your experience with Hatha Yoga?


No comments:

Post a Comment