Thursday, May 21, 2015

Wash Day- Soft and Fluffy

The chase of the soft moisturized tresses is always on, therefore this week was no exception.  I really wanted to recreate the lovely feeling I had last week.  Since, I was not going to do a protein treatment two weeks in a row I focused on using products that are moisturizing.

Here is how I went about this weeks wash day.

Prepoo- Detangled with warm coconut oil and prepoo with Cantu conditioning repair leave in cream and avocado oil mix under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes. I love using the Cantu repair cream as a prepoo because I get the benefit without it weighing my hair down.

Shampoo- After rinsing out the prepoo mix, I shampooed with Creme of Nature Red Clover & Aloe.  As usual I only lather once before rinsing out with warm water.  I like this shampoo even though it doesn't lather as much but it does leave my hair feeling clean and moisturized.



Deep Condition- Deep conditioned with ORS replenishing Conditioner and Jamaican Black Castor Oil mix under my conditioning cap for an hour.  Since I have being adding JBCO to my conditioner I have noticed that the amount of shedded hair is less and also that my hair appears fuller and thicker. Once I rinsed out the conditioning mix I t-shirt dry for ten minutes; I could not stop running my hands through my hair because it felt so soft and moisturized.



Leave-in conditioner and Moisturizer- Applied Creme of Nature strength & shine leave in conditioner, followed by Ettenio Moisture milk. I don't normally roller set my hair wet but I wanted to have big fluffy hair so I sprayed my hair with Lottabody setting lotion and roller set with twenty-two 1 1/2 inch rollers.  Then sat under my bonnet dryer for and hour.



Well let me tell you my hair was so soft and fluffy I could not believe that it was my hair.  The moisture level was something I have not experienced in a very long time.  I think the protein treatment from last week was the catalyst so I'll certainly add more protein treatment to my regimen.



How was your wash day experience? 

The #WashDayExperience


2 comments:

  1. Awesome that your hair came out soft and fluffy, do you think it's the castor oil or the conditioner that made it soft?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it is the combination of the conditioner and the castor oil.

      Delete