Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wash Day- The beat Goes On

I love when my hair is behaving ho I want it to  and the past few weeks she was on her very best behaviour.  I am currently 10 weeks post relaxer and roughly 80 percent of my hair is texlaxed with the humidity rising, therefore moisture is in the forefront. Yes at the end of the day my hair is bigger but it is soft and moisturized.  So this wash day I played around with the protein/moisture balance to keep this trend going.


Here is how I went about my wash day;

Prepoo with Profectiv Mega growth Deep conditioner, avocado oil and grapeseed oil under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes.The last time i used this conditioner my hair was hard so I figure I would use it as a protein treatment.   I have had success with using protein in the prepoo phase of my wash day, so I was not worried.  After rinsing out the mix my hair was a little hard but it also felt strong.



Shampoo- After rinsing out the prepoo mix I shampooed Creme of Nature Red Clover & Aloe.  As usual I only lathered once before rinsing with cool water and wrapping my head in a towel.



Deep Conditioner-  Deep conditioned with ORS replenishing conditioner and Jamaican Black Castor Oil mix under my conditioning cap for one hour and then allowed to cool for another half hour.  Once my hair was cool I rinsed out the mix with warm water followed by cool water, which closes the cuticles.  Once I was finished I wrapped my head in a t-shirt for ten minutes.  When I removed the t-shirt I was in hair heaven and hair not only felt soft and moisturized but it looked moisturized.



Leave-in and moisturizer- Applied Creme of Nature strength & shine and Ettenio moisture milk.  Spritz my with lottabody setting lotion and roller set with roughly 1 1/2 and 2 inch rollers.  I an loving the lottabody setting lotion because it gives my hair the hold it needs for my curls to last without making the hair stiff.

After I removed the rollers I apply Ettenio seal and shine. Cloud nine take me away because my hair was so nice and soft that I couldn't keep my hands out.  Because I has been so humid I had big puff hair at the end of day.  So I spritz lightly with lottabody setting lotion and set with close to 25 1 inch perm rods.

The curls were so delicious and I didn't care that the hair got bigger and puffier each day. I am loving my hair and the challenges and triumphs that it is giving me.

How do you combat humidity?  

The #WashDayExperience


4 comments:

  1. High Five Fist bump for a fantastic #washdayexperience! Do you use end papers on your perm rods?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KLP! I'm not coordinated or skilled enough to use the end papers. Maybe one day I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good wash day! How much did you pay for that Mega Growth condish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline, I purchased it for $6.49

      Delete