Friday, April 3, 2015

Weight Loss- March In-Review

This last three week were the calmest I felt since the stroke of midnight marking the beginning of 2015.  I wish I could afford membership to two gyms because I would be kickboxing my way to a stress free life.  Unfortunately I am unwilling to give up my beloved gym and I don't have abundant cash so until some really nice person comes along and allow me to ride on their coat tail, kickboxing is coming to an end.




Here is a recap of my exercise, weight loss and healthy lifestyle goals for March.


  • I exercise five days per week without fail; they were days when my body felt battered but I push through.
  • I prepared healthy and tasty meals for me and my family
  • I was not able to achieve my goals of running a 12 minute mile; my excuse is that my body ache too much from kickboxing.  
  • I lost three pounds not the five I wanted to lose but I'm going in the right direction.
  • I lost a little over 1 1/2 inch of my waist, I guess all that kicking and punching whittled down my waist.   
  • My BMI went down .4 of a point but I think my scale is not accurate, because I lost significant inches, anyway I'm still happy.
My goals for the next month;

If it is not broken then I won't fix it.  I will recycle my goals from last month because they are doable and I achieved or come close to achieving these goals.
  • Exercise five days per week
  • prepare healthy meals
  • work on running a 12 minute mile
  • lose five pounds, lose an inch from my waist and lower my BMI by one point.
I have a very hectic lifestyle between work and mommy duties, therefore there are days when going to the gym is not feasible. So for the month of April I am going to give Dailyburn.com a try; it can highly recommended by a friend.

Have you seen your image and thought "WOW that's me", well I'm having those unexpected moments more often.  Whatever your goals are for getting fit and healthy don't give up even when you fall short, because get and staying fit and healthy should be a lifestyle not a temporary fix.

What are your health and fitness goals for April?

#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand

4 comments:

  1. You are doing so good. I agree with you on not losing 5 pounds and being on the right direction. I don't trust my scale most of the time. I usually go by how many inches I lost around my waist. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline, the scale can play such nasty tricks so I don't make it my main focus.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! Looks like you had a great month and another one to come! You found a schedule that works for you. I would love to be able to get to 5 days a week. I used to do that a couple of years ago. I just started back up this week so I will see how this goes. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexi, yes I finally found a schedule that works for me and I'm so happy. Best of luck and know I'm cheering for you.

      Delete