With January behind me I renewed my efforts and continue to focus on my goals. The job of being an employee, and a mother can sometimes steal time and energy from taking care of you as a person. February was one such month were the competition for my time and energy was like a rodeo on steroids. Between science projects, meeting my deadlines at work and enduring the coldest February on record, I just wanted to just curl up in a ball and not move for a month. However, these are the situation where you dig deep and push hard to continue your forward momentum.
Having survive two months of pure chaos, I am happy to say that I made great stride and kept my noise to the grind.
Here is a recap of my weight loss and healthy lifestyle goals of the last two months;
- I kept to my weekly exercise schedule of exercising five days per week. I must say my energy level is up compare to what it normally is at this time of the year.
- I worked myself up to running on average 2 miles twice a week. Running has become my drug, it helps to calm me down, it energizes and redirects my chaotic mind. I cannot wait for the warmer weather so i con take my running outside.
- Each week I shop and prepare my meals and on average I pack my lunch four out of five days. This has certainly help me to keep my blood pressure stable and my Gastritis under control.
- I did not achieve my BMI and slimmer waist goal, but all is not lost. My BMI went down 1/2 a point and my waist line shrunk a little over 1/2 and inch. I have also lost 2.4 lbs in the last two months, so I'm definitely on the right track.
My goals going forward-
- keep my weekly exercise schedule
- be able to run a 12 minute mile
- continue to prepare healthy meals
- lose 5 pounds within the next month
- get my BMI down by 1 point and lose 1 inch off my waist
Getting healthy and staying healthy takes constant work. We all want to have the sexy, curvy, two piece wearing body but getting that body does not happen overnight. There is no magic pill so when you feel discourage remember that a healthy lifestyle will keep on giving.