Monday, March 30, 2015

Wash Day Two Weeks Post

Sunday after my family dinner and the kitchen is clean is my typical wash day.  At the beginning of my HHJ my wash day was Saturday but it quickly became hectic.  As i pulled out the products I was about to use for my wash, I realized that the other members of my family also have their Sunday evening routines. Funny things happens when you are not paying attention.


The #WashDayExperience

Anyway here is how I went about my wash day;

Prepoo- I coated my hair with my prepoo oil mix and detangled in small sections.  I then trim about 1/4 of inch from each sections.  After the detangle and trim I saturated my hair with the oil mix and sat under my dryer for ten minutes to get a hot oil treatment.  

Shampoo- Once my air was cool I rinsed with warm water then shampooed with Creme of Nature coconut ans sunflower detangling conditioning shampoo.  As usual I only lather once before rinsing with warm water.  I then wrap my head in a towel to get rid of the excess water.

Protein Treatment-  Even though I did a mid step protein treatment during my relaxer touch-up my hair was looking a feeling as if it would benefit from a protein treatment.  Therefore I used Aphogee Keratin  2 minute reconstructor to give it the boost it needs.  After leaving the treatment on for two minutes I thoroughly rinsed with warm water.

Deep Condition-  After wrapping my hair with a t-shirt to get out the excess water I deep conditioned my hair with Crecepelo, JBCO and avocado oil and sat under my conditioning cap for 30 minutes. I love this deep conditioner and it is even better with the black castor and avocado oil boost. I then allowed my hair to cool while I peruse Facebook; when I caught myself an hour later I rinsed with warm water followed by cool water.



Leave-in and Moisturizers- T-shirt dry for 10 minutes then applied Aphogee pro-vitamin leave in conditioner and air dry to 95%.  When I was satisfied it was dry enough I applied Lotto Body moisturize me and OGX coconut milk anti-breakage serum and set with roughly 30 flexi rod. 



I think I over did it with the flexi rods because the curls were too small and too tight.  Anyway I put a few drops of my Ettenio seal and shine serum on my finger tips and proceed to separate and fluff the curls. 



6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I try to re-twist the curls in bigger sections to loosen them a little. Yours look great hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Nerline I'll definitely give it a try next time I get overzealous with the flexis

      Delete
  2. I think the curls are cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) thanks Abbi, they last a little longer than normal so it worked out.

      Delete
  3. I also think your curls are cute! I think I am inlove with Flexi Rods!!!

    ReplyDelete