Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wash Day - Relaxer Touch-up

Without intended to I made it to nineteen weeks post relaxer.  My normal threshold is twelve weeks but this stretch took me into unexpected avenues.  I had crochet braids for five weeks and with the mishaps from taking out the braids I wigged it for six weeks.

After making the decision to wig it to the beginning of spring my normal restless self took over and I need a change; and I needed it know.  So six days short of the beginning of spring I did my relaxer touch up.

Here is how my relaxer touch-up and subsequent length check went.

Prep- 


  1. Undid each plait and divided in four sections, detangled and based my scalp with Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO).  Applied JBCO to my ends and coat with Loreal total repair 5 conditioner.
  2. Added three tablespoon of olive oil to the African Best relaxer; i normally do two tablespoon but wanted to maintain much more texture going forward.
  3. Divided each section into two and applied the relaxer; at first I thought I added took much olive oil but after the comb through I was happy with the results I was seeing.
Protein Treatment-

After my final comb through I rinsed the relaxer out with warm water.  I the applied Palmer's Coconut Oil deep conditioner protein and covered with a plastic cap and head tie for ten minutes. This is the second time I am doing a mid step protein treatment and will keep it in my regimen, because I like the outcome.  




Shampoo-

After rinsing out the protein treatment, I lathered twice with ORS creamy aloe shampoo.  Even after lathering twice my hair felt soft, it maybe due to the protein treatment but I'm happy nonetheless. I thoroughly rinsing my hair I wrapped in a towel to get rid of the excess water.

Deep Conditioner-

Deep conditioned with Organics cholesterol tea tree oil conditioner, coconut oil, avocado oil and castor oil under my conditioning cap for 45 minutes.  After allowing my hair to cool I rinsed with warm water followed by cool water. I've always loved this conditioner I think boosting it up with the oils gave it a wow factor that my hair is loving.  It resulted in very soft and moisturized hair.

Leave-in Conditioner and moisturizer-

After ensuring all the conditioner was properly rinsed out I wrapped my hair in a t-shirt for ten minutes.  I then saturated my hair with  Creme of nature strength and shine leave in conditioner and left to air.  When it was ninety-five percent dry I applied Ettenio moisture reign and Ettenio creme de la creme. I the applied OGX coconut oil anti breakage serum and blow dry on warm. 




 I am a little past my one year HHJ anniversary and I an very happy for the progress that I have made. I have met the goal of getting to shoulder length and I have really healthy hair. I need to get  a trim but will do it my next wash day.

This was a very good wash day.  How was yours?


The #WashDayExperience




13 comments:

  1. If the start of your hhj hhj is the picture in "about me", then you've made great progress. People like me notice more thickness than length in a year,but I see increased length and thickness in your hair 1 year later. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes that picture was a few months into my journey. Most of the thickness I have is from texlaxing, which is great because I have very fine hair.

      Delete
  2. That's good progress with the length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! i'm super excited about the length

      Delete
  3. Your hair got some really good loving. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks amazing! I was some inches away from this length while transitioning but I threw in the towel because I couldn't deal with both textures anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard it is hard Natasha but it is good to acknowledge and know your limits. Hope you are having a better time.

      Delete
  5. Wait Palmers have hair products??? I must have been living under a rock lol I only know them for their cocoa butter formula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lydz, Palmer's has a large haircare line with really good ingredients. Check them out

      Delete
  6. I think you have made beautiful progress. It's very noticeable (the length and health from your profile pic). Kudos on a job well done and keep at it.

    ReplyDelete