Saturday, March 28, 2015

Exercise and Menu recap (03/23)

This week was a very trying week, but thank God by the end of the week I was feeling like my old self once more. Due to me not feeling well over the weekend I only made Sunday dinner. This was my third week of kickboxing and it did not help that I felt like crap, but I push through and got my workout in.

Here is a recap of my exercise and what I ate this week.

Exercise-

There was a time when I would use something as simple as being tired to veg-out in my bed for a day or so, these days I'm kickboxing through migraine and blood pressure level which are off the charts. We often here the saying that getting and staying healthy is a lifestyle, well it is true.  These last few weeks has proven it to me.

Monday- one hour kickboxing
Tuesday- one hour kickboxing
Wednesday- one hour body pump followed by a 2 mile run
Thursday- one hour kickboxing
Friday- one hour Pilates followed by a 2 1/2 mile run
Saturday- rest day
Sunday- rest day


Menu-

If you have read any of my weekly menu and exercise recap you will know that even though I am a fairly good cook, I hate cooking.  So when I am under the weather the cooking part of getting healthy is the first to go out the door.

Sunday dinner consist of

  • curried red snapper
  • rice and peas Jamaican style
  • jerk chicken tenders ( seasoned with jerk spice and baked in the oven for roughly 20 minutes)
  • large green salad
Leftovers last through Wednesday dinner but my lunch was mainly grilled cheese and progresso can soups.



Hope you had a healthy and productive week!

#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand

No comments:

Post a Comment