Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wash Day-Happy Dance

Last wash day was a test of my faith and almost had me doing a impromptu cut.  Anyway I walked away from the ledge and got a wig instead. This was my first protective style since I began my hair journey and was not prepared for a month of new growth coupled with a month of shed hair. In the past after having braid or weave I would go the the hairdresser to get my hair washed and style and i would walk out with beautiful hair.

Well I guess it is why it is called a journey because you are learning with each step and process; and last week was a lesson in patience and having realistic expectations.

Here is how this week wash day went:

Prepoo- Put my hair in five sections and detangle each section with my oil mix (coconut, olive and grapeseed oil). After thoroughly detangling each section I coat with Cantu Shea butter conditioning repair cream and put on my conditioning cap for 45 minutes.  After allowing my hair to cool I rinsed with warm water before wrapping with a towel. I was so happy that my hair finally looks and feel the way I like it.

Shampoo- Shampooed with Creme of Nature sunflower and coconut detangling shampoo. This is my all time favorite shampoo of all times because it not only cleanse but also conditions.  Even after rinsing out the shampoo my hair felt soft and smooth.

Deep Conditioner- Deep conditioned with Crecepelo deep conditioner and my oil mix ( olive, coconut, grapeseed, avocado, vitamin e, jojoba, peppermint and tea tree oil), and sat under my conditioning cap for over an hour.  After removing the conditioning cap I sat around watching Ultimate Survival Alaska before I rinsed out the DC.  Rinsed with warm water followed my cool water to close the cuticles.  I love how my hair looks and feel; I am one step closer to getting my hair back in balance.

T-shirt dry for five minutes, the air dry for fifteen minutes before applying leave-in and moisturizers.

Leave-in and Moisturizers-  Once my hair was about 80 percent dry I applied Crecepelo leave in conditioner and Ettenio moisture reign and roller set.  In the morning after taking the rollers out I applied a few drops of OGX antibreakage coconut serum and put in three cornrows.





The ease of a wig cannot be duly expressed but I just know I'm enjoying the ease of it.















How was your wash day?

 The #WashDayExperience

14 comments:

  1. The wig looks nice on you. It is good to have a break especially when hair gets a little frustrating. Keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep the wig suits you... and I mean right? how good does it feel after a wash day and you hair feels the way you want it to? you must just know that the products are for keeps for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lebo...... I am constantly trying new products but there is an handful that works for me all the time.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree, being on a hair journey is about learning new things about your hair. I am also protective styling under a wig and I am loving it! I think it has become my favourite PS!
    Lungi @HHDC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it because you still have access to your hair, and you can change it up without much ado

      Delete
  4. The wif suits your facial structure! Great protectivestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomes, a few people even thought I cut my hair.

      Delete
  5. I love this wig. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GORGEOUS look for you chica! I love it! I'm proud of you for knowing when enough was enough without just abandoning your healthy hair goals! YOU BETTA GET IT!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP.... This journey has thought me a lot about my strengths and weakness. One wouldn't think growing and maintain healthy hair is philosophical but it is.

      Delete
  7. That protective style looks great on you. I would have never known that it was wig had you not shared that with us and it suits you very well. I hate having those rough wash days, but with a little (or a lot of) patience it's possible to make through. Glad you're still on this journey. :)

    ReplyDelete