Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wash Day- Free at Last

After four weeks of crochet braids, I was so over the braids. Even though I was still getting compliments and my hair and the crochet braids were moisture I need a change. Taking those babies was such a tedious and time consuming task.  So after  2 1/2 hours my hair was finally free of them.

Prep- Took each cornrow out and remove shed hair with my fingers before a comb through with a wide tooth comb followed by a smaller comb.  When I was satisfied that I have removed all the shed hair I applied my oil mix to the section.  My oil mix consist of olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, vitamin E, Jojoba oil, a few drops of peppermint and tea tree oil. Let me tell you four weeks of  shed hair is no joke; there was a point I got so scared that I might not have enough hair left after it was all said and done.

Prepoo-   I prepoo with Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream for roughly an hour and a half under my conditioning cap. I think my hair was singing hallelujah when it caught a glimpse of  my favorite prepoo.  Once my hair was cool I rinsed with warm water to ensure I go most of the oils out.

Shampoo-  Shampooed with OGX awapuhi ginger shampoo to each section ensuring I pay attention to my scalp.  I felt my scalp getting excited about getting a proper cleansing.  I lathered once and rinsed with warm water. I am not liking this shampoo at all; so this my be the last time I use it.



Deep Condition- Deep conditioned with Mega Growth anti-breakage strengthening deep conditioner, under the conditioning cap for 15 minutes and allowed my hair to cool for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water. I followed up with Loreal Total repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm for three minutes before rinsing with cool water. I wanted to use a protein conditioner because I wanted to strengthen my hair after such a long stretch of just moisturing.



Leave-In and moisturizers- T-shirt dry for fifteen minutes before applying Creme of nature strength & shine leave in conditioner and allowed to air dry for about half an hour.  I then applied Ettenio Moisture reign and set my hair in 6 flexi rods.



I am currently twelve weeks post and after a month of not touch my hair I was a little off my game.  After I removed the flexi rod I was so disappointed about the outcome that I put on a head-tie and went out an bought me a wig.  I figured the wig would give me allow me to stretch another four weeks and still have the option to get my hair back into balance before I do a relaxer touch -up.


How was your wash day?



The #WashDayExperience

2 comments:

  1. I love the title. The wig is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is because unfortunately even with all the moisturizing I did my hair was a little off balance

      Delete