Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wash Day- Fifteen Weeks post

The time I made it to fifteen weeks was not so easy; yes for the last eight weeks I've had protective style so that makes it easy.  My plan was to rock my crochet braids for the month of January and do my relaxer touch up, but as luck or tangles would have it, I decided to wig it for the month of February.  Well February is almost over and I think I'll try this wig business out until spring.

The beautiful part about wearing a wig is that you have access to your hair to moisturize and wash.  After taking down and detangle and remove the shed hairs from my hair, I was little surprise of how much hair I have. I can't wait the to see what my length is but that can also wait until spring.

Anyway here is how this week's wash day went;

Prepoo- Detangled with my detangling oil mix then sat under my conditioning cap for 15 minutes. I didn't feel the need to do my normal prepoo because my hair felt moisturized from last was day.  

Shampoo-  After allowing my hair to cool I shampooed with  Creme of Nature sunflower & coconut detangling conditioning shampoo.  As usual i only lather once paying close attention to my scalp, before rinsing with warm water.


Deep Conditioner- T-shirt dry to get out the excess water  before coating my hair with my conditioning oil mix (coconut, grapeseed and avocado oil) followed by Creme of nature argan oil intensive conditioning treatment. I then sat under my conditioning cap for an hour or so because I was too busy watching The Voice. I then rinsed out the conditioner using warm water followed by cool water before wrapping in a t-shirt to dry.














Leave-in and moisturizer- After t-shirt drying for 15 minutes I applied Ettenio moisture reign daily conditioner and air dry.  When my hair was about 90 percent dry I applied Ettenio creme de la creme daily moisturizer and put my hair in three plaits.



My hair is still feeling soft and moisturized; I'm on a high it is roughly three weeks to spring so I hope it last.

How was your wash day?

The #WashDayExperience


12 comments:

  1. Your wig regimen agrees with your hair! I'm so happy for you!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also trying out a wig regimen and the best thing I've been loving is the access to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am into the wig thing too, hun! I want to try the Creme of Nature products so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they have so really good products in their lines, you should give them a try.

      Delete
  4. How do you like that Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo? I see it all the time but have yet to try it. Is it Sulfate-Free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love , love this shampoo it lathers even though it is a conditioning shampoo and it leaves my hair soft and detangled all the time. unfortunately it is not sulfate free..

      Delete
  5. Hey girl just randomly found your blog. great stuff! I live in Ja and cant find the unrefined coconut oil in the glass jar here... did you get it in Ja or in the states?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got it in the US, you maybe able to find it in the supermarket

      Delete