Friday, February 27, 2015

Menu and Exercise (02/23) recap

I've found a new love; running is my new love.  Since November I have been running on the treadmill to get my cardio in after my strength training sessions but these days I look forward to it more than any other exercise.  When I'm running I think more and is able to make plans and lay out ideas that I am too busy to focus on during my normal day.

I love hearing my breath and the peace that comes over me while I'm running.  The idea that I can push my overweight body to move in such an incredible way is motivation enough. My dream is always to complete a 5K run and I'll continue to get  physically and mentally prepared.

After living through the third coldest February in history I cannot wait for spring and to get the chance to run outside. I don't know what it will be like but I will draw inspiration from my follow bloggers who enjoy a good run such as KLP from savingourstrands.


Image result for meme 5k run




Anyway here is my reacp of this weeks menu and exercise;

Menu

  • Oven fried chicken tenders. This is a favorite in my house because you get the fried looking without all the extra calories from the oil.
  • Lamb stew with red potatoes; this was delicious even got my son to try it.
  • Brown rice and peas, Jamaican style
  • Large green salad with romaine lettuce, red bell pepper and shredded carrots. 


Exercise-

Monday- 30 minutes Zumba
Tuesday- 30 minutes high intensity Biggest loser cardio workout
Wednesday-1 hour body pump  and a 2 mile run on the treadmill
Thursday- 30 minutes Zumba
Friday- 1 hour Pilates followed by a 3 mile run on the treadmill
Saturday- rest day
Sunday- rest day

What are some of the healthy lifestyle habits you are excited about?  


#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand

6 comments:

  1. Please send some exercise motivation over here! You are killing it!
    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Britt; I have to keep it going I'm nearing the big 4-0 very soon and want to go into it looking and feeling fabulous.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out chica! I swear that running keeps me sane!

    I haven't been to body pump in FOREVER! I always walked out of the gym feeling like a super hero after that class!

    You've gotta share some of your recipes. It sounds sooo good!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love body pump and you are right when you leave you want to flex your muscles like a bodybuilder.

      I'm working on putting together the recipes, I should have few up in the next week or so.

      Delete
  3. Awesome job with your exercise! And those chicken tenders look SO good!

    ReplyDelete