Saturday, February 21, 2015

Menu and Exercise (02/16) recap

Mother nature needs to calm down, because whoever ticked her off has finally gotten the point (I hope).  I don't remember being this cold in my entire life and the prospect that I'll ever feel warm again is not in the near future. Anyway with cold weather we tend to be less active, so my goal for this week is to ensure that I get in quality workouts but to also participate in more social activities.

My goal seems simple enough until you lace up those sneakers put on two layer of close and get into  cold car, the little man on your shoulder (as depicted in movies) is saying fool go back inside the warm house.  I chose not to listen because I have a bigger goal and I'm much tougher and badder than mother natural.  So after a week of sub zero weather I accomplished my goals and feel great that I was able to push through.

Here is a recap of this week's exercise and menu;

Exercise-

Monday- 30 minutes Zumba ( my living room has become my personal exercise studio)
Tuesday- 30 minutes biggest loser low intensity cardio
Wednesday- 1 hour body pump followed by a 2 mile run on the treadmill
Thursday- 30 minutes Zumba
Friday- 1 hour Pilates followed by a  mile run on the treadmill
Saturday- Rest
Sunday- Rest

Let me tell you working out with a wig has given me a level of anxiety that is not normal.  I keep thinking that in one of my Pilates pose or the ab workout in body pump the thing was gonna come cascade to the ground.  Thanks  be to God that was not the case.


Menu-  

For the last few months have have a smooth for breakfast, however the smoothie had become boring.  So to ramp it up a bit I began adding chia seeds to the mix, let me tell you these things keep you fill like no tomorrow.  The one drawback I find it that I'm constantly thirsty, which isn't a terrible thing because it forces me to keep up my water intake.

My menu consist of ;

  • Grilled Barbecue boneless chicken thighs; I first grilled the thighs on my George Foreman grill the covered them with barbecue sauce and put in the oven for 30 minutes.  Putting them on the GF grill got rid of the fat and also precook them making the whole process easier.
  • Chicken and barley soup; It is so cold outside everyone needs a pot of soup in their refrigerator. 
  • Brown rice with red beans
  • Baked Salmon; this is for my son he loves salmon while I can tkae or leave it
  • A large green salad; ( romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, red bell peppers, and dry cranberries)
Hope you had a great week and made healthy lifestyle choices.  Getting and keeping healthy is a process and I really appreciated you taking the time to share in my journey.  


#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand



No comments:

Post a Comment