Friday, February 13, 2015

Menu and Exercise (02/09) recap

The slogan "Stress kills" is real, especially for us who have very stressful jobs.  This pass work week had me understand why people self medicate.  Thankful I now have a daily exercise routine that helps me to relax and put my day into prospective.

This week was hard not only at work but also the weather was brutal; here is a recap of this week's menu and exercise.

Exercise-

Monday- 30 minutes Zumba; nothing like dancing your troubles away
Tuesday- 45 minutes Biggest Loser Hi-Lo cardio workout
Wednesday- 1 hour Body Pump and a 1 mile run
Thursday- circuit 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred
Friday- 1 hour Pilates and a 3.5 mile run ( I was running off the stress and anxiety of the day)
Saturday- Rest Day
Sunday- Rest Day

Menu-


  • Lamb chops; I got the recipe from a recipe group I joined on Facebook. 
  • Turkey meatballs with homemade sauce, my friend gave me the recipe for the sauce because I was telling her how much my son love meatballs.
  • Baked Salmon
  • Quinoa with red kidney beans
  • Green salad topped with cranberry 

With all the cooking I am doing, one day (maybe) I'll enjoy cooking.  The good part of attempting to cook healthy is that you acquire a wide range of recipes.  The odd part is of all this is that I am current working on compiling a journal of recipes.  I'm the coming months I will share a few of these recipes with you.

What were your triumphs and struggles this week? 

#FitnessFriday on @SavingOurStrand

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to steal your recipes! LOL. Especially that Quinoa with red beans. OMGosh that sounds sooo good!

    Thanks for joining the #fitnessfriday movement chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait you you to try them..... remembering to taking pictures is the hardest

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to learn how to properly make Quinoa forever. In fact I just learned how to pronounce it correctly - I was always saying it the way it looks. Kwee-noah. LOL! Thanks for linking up girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... I make it the same way I make rice and it seems to work for me.

      Delete
  3. I'm doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD and finished cycle 1. Plan on doing cycle 2 sometime this week after I hope off the treadmill. I'm fit and cycle 1 had me sore for a few days. Those push ups and squat to shoulder press is what did it for me! OUCH! Great job on your workouts this past week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cycle 2 is crazy it makes cycle 1 look easy; I'm afraid to see what cycle 3 looks like. (yep I'm a wimp)

      Delete